Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

Taking Noel and not improving much as a team is a valuable asset to our team for next year. I wouldnt undervalue the fact he will miss half a season before he starts playing well again. Its way too important to be bad for next years draft and free agent rebuild. A guy like Wiggins may bring in free agents and is quite a player himself. Noel seems to be a perfect fit for our rebuilding team if for no other reason. Think about what from our current roster you would trade to go from 10 to #1 next year.

I'm with you on that mindset but I want to offer up the potential downside: you still are gambling on Noel as a solid pro but you're also delaying finding out just how good/bad he can be. He is not so good that even if he played 82 games, we suddenly fight for a playoff spot. No matter what trade we make or player we draft, we are a lottery team next year. But considering the progress of the core unit we already have, nothing is going to stop us from improving marginally next year. It is inevitable that we go from having the worst record to falling somewhere in the bottom 5-7.

Considering Hennigan's first 2 trades I trust his judgement went it comes to youngsters. Time will tell but I doubt that is the final incarnation of the deal. As a matter of fact Chad Ford says its a straight up deal with no picks. That info must be coming from the Clips side to get people to up their offers.

I will tell you right now we are not throwing in Nicolson plus a first rounder to get Bledsoe. That is not realistic and it's stupid to think Henny is that dumb. Affalo is the best player in that trade and although I would do the trade strait up, Clips are not getting a better offer in terms of addressing team needs than AA.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Bledsoe unrestricted after this season? How much are you willing to give up to get an unproven player?

I like the AA for Bledsoe because it's risk free. But your start talking about throwing in first rounders and were back to the Otis Smith days. If Drew is the deciding factor than so be it, but I'd tell them to kick rocks for a future first rounder.

too excited to work! always the case this time of year. I think bledsoe can become a jrue holiday type player as their stats (per/min, %'s) /styles are very similiar. it would also work perfectly as far as timespan is concerned. all of our current contracts would expire before extensions for the young guys would kick in. hopefully the pick would be the lower of our two in 2015 (ours or phillys). i am also coming around to the idea of noel, didnt really consider it before bc it was assumed he'd go #1, but like the idea of 'pouncing' on him, letting him recover half the season then play when we're in full tank mode.

Considering Hennigan's first 2 trades I trust his judgement went it comes to youngsters. Time will tell but I doubt that is the final incarnation of the deal. As a matter of fact Chad Ford says its a straight up deal with no picks. That info must be coming from the Clips side to get people to up their offers.

You said it before I did.. it sounds for all the world in Kyler's article that he got something from a Clippers source. Why would the "secretive Magic front office" suddenly be talking to Steve Kyler all of a sudden?

By the way, it was so mega-awesome how Popovich pwned Kyler in the post-game press conference after Game 6. (when he was stupidly asked how the Spurs would get ready for Game 7, and Pop said they were going to get on a bus and drive to the arena and play ball)

Rotoworld is reporting that the Wolves are exploring trading Derrick Williams along with the #9 and 26th pick to move up to grab Oladipo.

Would you guys be down for that? We could get McCollum at #9 hopefully and then the best wing player available at #26.

find a third team to take Williams, and I'd say yes. Too much ego for a guy that will be coming off the bench

By the way I want no part of that Derrick Williams deal. Just.. I know there's 9 & 26 involved, but whatevs with that guy. IMO he's "just another guy."

I will tell you right now we are not throwing in Nicolson plus a first rounder to get Bledsoe. That is not realistic and it's stupid to think Henny is that dumb. Affalo is the best player in that trade and although I would do the trade strait up, Clips are not getting a better offer in terms of addressing team needs than AA.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Bledsoe unrestricted after this season? How much are you willing to give up to get an unproven player?

I like the AA for Bledsoe because it's risk free. But your start talking about throwing in first rounders and were back to the Otis Smith days. If Drew is the deciding factor than so be it, but I'd tell them to kick rocks for a future first rounder.

The Clippers are adding that 1st rounder in and leaking it. That's what they want, but it probably will not happen.

Every trade the Magic are discussing results in them getting back contracts that either expire or have a team option for 13/14. Rob knows what he is doing.

This is also why you are wrong about one thing - the best player in that trade is Bledsoe. Afflalo's contract lessens his value and Bledsoe's goes up. The magic would free up close to 10 mm for next offseason with this trade

The magic would free up close to 10 mm for next offseason with this trade

Thinking subjectively, as a Magic fan, this is just the icing on the cake. Freeing up the playing time for members of our young core is what I really like about seeing an otherwise good guy like AA heading out the door.

He's a restricted free agent

The Clippers are adding that 1st rounder in and leaking it. That's what they want, but it probably will not happen.

Every trade the Magic are discussing results in them getting back contracts that either expire or have a team option for 13/14. Rob knows what he is doing.

This is also why you are wrong about one thing - the best player in that trade is Bledsoe. Afflalo's contract lessens his value and Bledsoe's goes up. The magic would free up close to 10 mm for next offseason with this trade

Bledsoe would have a $6.7M cap hold for 2014, so what you save is minimal until you decide what to do with him.

I disagree. Bledsoe may be the better value, but Afflalo is the better player at the moment. Hennigan does know what he's doing though, you're absolutely right about that.