Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

What if we get the #13 pick from Dallas and Cody Zeller is there. How does everyone feel about taking him there?

I would take him at 13 no questions asked.

Bennett is not "very undersized." he's only giving up a couple inches but more than makes up for it with his nice 7'1" wingspan. He's also 240lbs which is probably average for a PF, so he has room to grow.

Percentage-wise you are correct about Harris, but that doesn't give the whole picture. He's had really good shooting nights from deep, so his form is probably not an issue. He has range, he's just inconsistent. Further proof: at home he shot 41% but away only 23%

Standing reach matters more for interior players and Bennett has an 8'9" standing reach which would tie him with Blake Griffin has having the smallest standing reach for a PF in the NBA.

I wouldn't be upset with Shabazz at 13 (though I'd rather someone like Schroeder.) I would pass on Zeller, despite it being a good pick value-wise. I just don't see what he brings us.

1. McLemore - fits the Magic system perfectly (see spurs game for reference last night).

2. Bennet - a true modern PF. Reminds me a ton of Barkley. Has to improve his Defense, but he is an elite talent.

3. Noel - A game changing defender. Would need to take most of this year off to get mass and be at 100% health.

4. Oladipo - sick athlete

5. Porter - Most developed player in the draft.

If we get #13 -

1. MCW - a must draft if available. Perfect #2 PG to develop behind Jameer. Has Rondo-esque qualities that could make him a star PG down the road.

2. Schroeder - Needs time, but could be the next Westbrook. Perfectly suited to the modern NBA.

3. Mohammed - The magic could get really crafty and draft Bennet at 2, then go after their PG or SG. If Mohammed falls to 13, he would be a value pick.

4. Jamaal Franklin - under the radar SG who the Magic could snag if Afflalo does get traded for Bledsoe.

5. Olynyk - a little early at 13, but a very nice compliment to Vuc at PF, and a guy who could stick around and play C if we lose Vuc down the road.

If we don't get Mclemore, I am really intrigued by the potential to snag Bennet and then buy the Dallas pick and get the SG or Pg there.

If the Magic can get Bledsoe, I believe they will be set at PG and will be able to potentially steal Mohammed at 13 if his stock is falling this quickly.

A summer that has us getting Bennet, Bledsoe and Mohammed/Franklin would result in a rather scary Magic team that would still contend for the lottery pick one more time before most likely making the playoffs in it's next season.

8 man Rotation:

Bledsoe/Jameer

Harkless/Mohammed

Harris/Harkless

Bennet/Harris

Vuc/O'quinn

• Upvote 1

1. McLemore - fits the Magic system perfectly (see spurs game for reference last night).

2. Bennet - a true modern PF. Reminds me a ton of Barkley. Has to improve his Defense, but he is an elite talent.

3. Noel - A game changing defender. Would need to take most of this year off to get mass and be at 100% health.

If we get #13 -

1. MCW - a must draft if available. Perfect #2 PG to develop behind Jameer. Has Rondo-esque qualities that could make him a star PG down the road.

2. Schroeder - Needs time, but could be the next Westbrook. Perfectly suited to the modern NBA.

3. Mohammed - The magic could get really crafty and draft Bennet at 2, then go after their PG or SG. If Mohammed falls to 13, he would be a value pick.

4. Jamaal Franklin - under the radar SG who the Magic could snag if Afflalo does get traded for Bledsoe.

5. Olynyk - a little early at 13, but a very nice compliment to Vuc at PF, and a guy who could stick around and play C if we lose Vuc down the road.

If we don't get Mclemore, I am really intrigued by the potential to snag Bennet and then buy the Dallas pick and get the SG or Pg there.

If the Magic can get Bledsoe, I believe they will be set at PG and will be able to potentially steal Mohammed at 13 if his stock is falling this quickly.

A summer that has us getting Bennet, Bledsoe and Mohammed/Franklin would result in a rather scary Magic team that would still contend for the lottery pick one more time before most likely making the playoffs in it's next season.

8 man Rotation:

Bledsoe/Jameer

Harkless/Mohammed

Harris/Harkless

Bennet/Harris

Vuc/O'quinn

Very exciting team! Question for you. OKC are interested in the #2 pick so could you see Lamb being a SG that would fit in our offense? He can handle the ball and shoot it as well. Maybe try and get Jones as well to fill in at PF. Lamb and Jones for the #2 and Harrington or Baby

I wouldn't be upset with Shabazz at 13 (though I'd rather someone like Schroeder.) I would pass on Zeller, despite it being a good pick value-wise. I just don't see what he brings us.

Zeller could be the back up center for us. I like O'Quinn but Zeller does have more tools than him. Also I would rather take Shabazz than Zeller too, or Schroeder if we arent gonna get Bledsoe.

If we get #13 -

8 man Rotation:

Bledsoe/Jameer

Harkless/Mohammed

Harris/Harkless

Bennet/Harris

Vuc/O'quinn

Two things I wanna say here. I think Bennet is as overrated as they come in this weak draft and I don't really see the Barkley comparison. Also, I wouldn't take Olynyk if he was there for our 2nd round pick. I just can't stand the guy and would hate seeing him on the Magic. He looks like someone that would play on the jazz. I'm not saying you're wrong and I'm right about Bennet that is just my outlook on the guy.

Zeller could be the back up center for us. I like O'Quinn but Zeller does have more tools than him. Also I would rather take Shabazz than Zeller too, or Schroeder if we arent gonna get Bledsoe.

I'd like Schroeder whether we end up with Bledsoe or not. He'd develop as a 3rd PG and get occasional time when Jameer misses his usual games.

Schroeder is much closer to Rondo than Westbrook and a lot more like Rondo than MCW is.

Not to me. Schroeder is very fast and explosive and has more offense than Rondo. He attacks the rim like Westbrook. Rondo looks to pass much more.

MCW is a floor general who can turn the ball over at times and can't shoot - a la Rondo.

Two things I wanna say here. I think Bennet is as overrated as they come in this weak draft and I don't really see the Barkley comparison. Also, I wouldn't take Olynyk if he was there for our 2nd round pick. I just can't stand the guy and would hate seeing him on the Magic. He looks like someone that would play on the jazz. I'm not saying you're wrong and I'm right about Bennet that is just my outlook on the guy.

He is a similar size to Barkely and has 3 point range. He also has the length to be a great rebounder. That is why I compare them.

Not sure why Bennet is overrated. If anything he may be underrated. He could easily be the #1 pick in this draft. His offensive game is straight up nasty, and he has the tools to be a great defender as well.

I did see that his standing reach is not great, but Blake Griffin is doing alright with the same issue.