Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

That's interesting; I hadn't heard much about Zeller. Any interest from the Magic in him?

I read something earlier in the week that Zeller has a workout scheduled with the Magic soon.

I'm gonna ask again see if I get an answer here lol

Anyone hear anything about how McLemore's workout went?

I heard he stunk it up and mid-way through the workout, Oladipo came down to challenge him to a 1-on-1. Ben held his stance that he's not working out against anyone and walked off the court. Didn't sit well with Henny & Co.

• Upvote 3

That's interesting; I hadn't heard much about Zeller. Any interest from the Magic in him?

According to ESPN they have a workout set up for him.

June 10 Update: Zeller has worked out for the Jazz, Suns, Blazers and Thunder already, and has workouts scheduled with the Timberwolves, Kings, 76ers, Pistons, Bobcats and Magic. Everywhere Zeller has gone he hasn't exactly played against top competition, but teams have been very positive about his workouts, saying he's shot the ball well. The hardest thing for Zeller is finding the right fit. The Suns and Kings are possibilities, as are the Sixers, Thunder and Jazz in the lottery.

His athletic testing was amoung the best at the combine so he is an interesting pick if we went that way. Would allow us to play Harris more at SF and possibly test out Harkless at SG.

This draft is going to be a tough one to predict!

I'm gonna ask again see if I get an answer here lol

Anyone hear anything about how McLemore's workout went?

I am hearing that they are trying to be real hush with how McLemore's workout went because people are talking to Cleveland to move up. Cleveland is most likely wanting to trade back to take Porter and are willing to listen to deals. Again i don't know how legit this is but it seems to make a lot of sense, but take everything with a grain of salt.

I heard he stunk it up and mid-way through the workout, Oladipo came down to challenge him to a 1-on-1. Ben held his stance that he's not working out against anyone and walked off the court. Didn't sit well with Henny & Co.

lmao good one.

Zeller could jump through the roof at the combine and outrun Derrick Rose, and I still wouldn't want him. He didn't play athletically on the court and looked incredibly soft against anyone with size.

Zeller could jump through the roof at the combine and outrun Derrick Rose, and I still wouldn't want him. He didn't play athletically on the court and looked incredibly soft against anyone with size.

Yea. I do think he will be better than his brother far and away but the thought of him and Vuch as our front court is scary, and not in a good way.

I would not mind Zeller if we traded down but not at #2.

David Thorpe had this to say about Zeller and 6-11 reach for a 7 ft player which you can compare to AN's 7-4 wingspan.

David Thorpe (coaching/scouting expert): I want to love Zeller, but short arms often are a death sentence in the NBA. The good news is, his sprinter's speed and great hands give him a good chance at being excellent in a transition game for a fast-playing team. But he's going to really struggle finishing in the half-court game and defending anyone with size.

We would have one athletic PF with short arms and one un-athletic PF with long arms. I think we should focus on our back court needs considering how many teams are playing without a traditional PF these days.

Same here He may shock some people and become a star and even if he does I hope its on a different team than the Magic. I would rather take Alex Len if we are gonna get a big in this draft.