Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

I would much rather see Robinson start for us and take his faults, over seeing Glen Davis shoot a 18 foot contested jumper as the shot clock expires. I think his athleticism would give (if we traded for him) bledsoe or (if we draft him) Burke someone to dump it to when they are in the paint. Its not like Robinson would cost us much.

Absolutely, at this point you have nothing to lose and he can be had for the McBob TPE, which means we could keep the Dwight TPE intact to make a run at the Dallas pick. I also just noticed an interesting tweet from Ben Mac.

Ben McLemore ‏@Humb1e_Hungry23 44m

@orlandosentinel thank you for awesome article http://touch.orlandosentinel.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-76113113/ … hoping to make Orlando my home #magic #2013draft

EDIT: His salary is just over the threshold of the Mcbob TPE, but we could combine that with the Ayon TPE and absorb the contract.

Old Poster -- New name so let me start off by saying, whats up and it's good to see the forum hasn't really changed a bit. Off-season posts going 143 pages...I like it. Doesn't mean I'm gonna read it, but I like it.

Since I didn't feel like reading all of that stuff, I am just interested to hear opinions on this.

Why is everyone interested in BenMac over Oladipo? Being in Kentucky, I unfortunately got to watch O a lot and the mans got crazy athletic potential and a really strong motor on both ends of the court from what I've seen.

Also, wanted to know what the interest is in Noel? Since the Magic already have an emerging star in Vucevic, why the interest in Noel as well? I'm a Kentucky fan, so I love the guy and could tell you a lot about him. But the injury worries me and I think it would be safer to go with a 2-3 type player. (Maybe that is the overall consensus anyway)

Excited about the future though, Magic will be the next Thunder, Grizzlies in a few short years.

Absolutely, at this point you have nothing to lose and he can be had for the McBob TPE, which means we could keep the Dwight TPE intact to make a run at the Dallas pick. I also just noticed an interesting tweet from Ben Mac.

@orlandosentinel thank you for awesome article http://touch.orlandosentinel.com/#section/-1/article/p2p-76113113/ … hoping to make Orlando my home #magic #2013draft

EDIT: His salary is just over the threshold of the Mcbob TPE, but we could combine that with the Ayon TPE and absorb the contract.

I wonder what this suggests about the Cavs' interest in him, as just yesterday Ben said that he was only "comfortable" with Cleveland.

Or perhaps he's more intimidated at the prospect of competing with Waiters than Afflalo?

I'd be down with taking a flyer on T. Robinson, assuming the cost is fair. At worst, he provides competition. At best, we acquire an asset with something to prove to the league.

At this stage of our rebuild, it's all about acquiring talent. If you can trade for a guy that is one year removed from being a top 5 pick and only give up a TPE and a protected pick for him, you do it.

good article

seriously i just watched video of him in the NBA, and he does have athleticism and looks like fundamentals. He absolutely runs down the floor fast and at 6'10 thats a good thing. I think he would be a steal like Harris. He has a great back to basket spin, up and under move with a very long arm extension. I would love to see:

Nelson/Burke

Harkless/Moore

Harris/

Davis/Robinson/Nicholson

Vuc/Oquinn

I wounder if he could play the three? Can we have enough ball and sharing to give the rock to harkless, harris, robinson and vuc and davis?

You can't combine player exceptions as far as I know

After reading that Sentinel article (I know, not always the most telling), I just really feel comfortable in saying that as long as Cleveland doesn't take B-Mac, he will be our pick and I would actually be really surprised if it's anything but him.

After reading that Sentinel article (I know, not always the most telling), I just really feel comfortable in saying that as long as Cleveland doesn't take B-Mac, he will be our pick and I would actually be really surprised if it's anything but him.

Interesting considering there's nothing in the article that indicates we are leaning that direction.

Interesting considering there's nothing in the article that indicates we are leaning that direction.

Just feels like a good fit. And i get a since of chemistry from reading it. I'm willing to bet if he's available at 2 he's our pick. If your so confident I'm wrong like always go ahead and put your money where your mouth is. I have paypal I'm sure you do too. Let's roll.

Just feels like a good fit. And i get a since of chemistry from reading it. I'm willing to bet if he's available at 2 he's our pick. If your so confident I'm wrong like always go ahead and put your money where your mouth is. I have paypal I'm sure you do too. Let's roll.

I don't think your always wrong...I just think it's funny considering he hasn't even visited Orlando yet. Yes I have paypal. What's the bet? McLemore vs. the field? I'm game for a friendly wager, although for the record I'd be happy with McLemore... I agree it seems like a fit