Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

It's funny how you guys are so passionately defending drafting "player x". It's one thing to have a preference, it's another thing to tell other posters that they are wrong. Any of the guys we're talking about could potentially be the best player in the draft and everyone has red flags and historical comparisons that indicate they might be nothing better than journeymen.

Noel is very similar to stromile swift and Marcus camby

Mclemore is very similar to Brandon rush or a better shooting, shorter Rudy gay.

Oladipo easily could be Quincy pondexter (opportunistic scoring sf who can defend but isn't a franchise centerpiece)

Burke could be jj barrea or Ty Lawson.

Porter could be al Thornton or Paul George

So get on your bandwagons and everything, but don't act like 1 guy is head and shoulders above everyone else

I don't think anyone would disagree with this.

I have been on the BenMac bandwagon and given my reasons, but I think we all know this draft is an insane crapshoot.

I doubt any pick we make at #2 would upset me out of all the players discussed. I really like our scouting, so I am cool with whatever they go with.

If we pulled off this Bledsoe trade and got Noel or Ben, this would be a huge offseason win for us IMO.

My theory is when in doubt go with height (noel) or pure shooting (ben).

Duncan- Robinson.

To show the opposite, Bowie over Jordan when they had drexler. Oden over Durant when they had Roy.

I'm not entirely sure the last one is completely fair. As I recall, there were plenty of people who thought that Oden was plain the better prospect.

• Upvote 1

Imagine Bledsoe/Oli or Ben Mac/Hark or Harris/Baby/Vuc

Then Nich, Lamb, Butler, Nelson, one of the above, OQuinn, and whoever we may snag as a project in free agency.

That's a fun team.

• Upvote 1

See this is why just posting stats can tell any story you want.

The reality is Oladipo attempted less than 2 3 pointers a game and made less than 45% of those.

Ben attempted close to 5 and hit %42 of those.

Does that make my statement more clear or are you really going to tell me Oladipo can bring the shooting talent that Ben can?

... That is the whole point of percentages. If I make 99/100 free throws and you make 990/1000, are you a better shooter than me just because you shot more?

I'm not saying Victor is definitely a better shooter than Ben, but there is a stigma that Victor can't shoot, which is exactly what you said. He has improved a great deal to the point of being a reliable shooter, even comparable to Mclemore statistically.

And you're talking to a pretty diehard Jayhawk, so you don't need to try to educate me on Mclemore. It should probably concern you that I'm not crazy about him despite watching every KU game this year.

• Upvote 1

Let's not go overboard here. Oladipo made a grand total of 30 3 pointers this season, McLemore made over double that. Oladipo isn't terrible but he's not a legitimate 3 point threat in the NBA at the moment.

• Upvote 1

How in the world could anyone possible make the "draft for need/fits the system" argument for a 20 win team with no cornerstone players? Our current system is to lose games, and to lose them often. Hennigan's drafting the #1 player on the board, regardless of position.

And it's interesting that the Clippers would dangle Bledsoe like that (assuming it's true) when Chris Paul's future with them is up in the air.

• Upvote 1

If we can realistically grab Bledsoe, it needs to get done yesterday.

Imagine Bledsoe/Oli or Ben Mac/Hark or Harris/Baby/Vuc

Then Nich, Lamb, Butler, Nelson, one of the above, OQuinn, and whoever we may snag as a project in free agency.

That's a fun team.

Then there's Gob/Louie or Cranston/Jessie with Palmer/Paige/Shepard and possibly the addition of Blitzer/Maddow/Fenix

man if henny pulled off that trade as stated...

but either way, it feels so good being able to trust management in this scenario...can you imagine what otis and his goons would be doing with a #2 pick in this draft...i'm excited to see who we draft in the second round because i'm sure hennigan and co will find something interesting

Captain Henny doing a deep dive and proper intro to my new avatar

e5qnuh.jpg

If we can realistically grab Bledsoe, it needs to get done yesterday.

This. I would not give up our pick for Bledsoe because the sample size is just way to small but he's a 23 year old true PG with a ton of potential. And I don't think anyone would be heartbroken to see Affalo leave, it makes sense for both teams really.

If we pull that trade off which doesn't sound super far fetched and draft McLemore/Oli our back court is set. No telling how good or how bad it will be, but it's set nonetheless lol.

On a side not that would make this the most athletic team I think the Magic have ever courted. Bledsoe/B-Mac/Harkless alone is dunk city. So even if we lose we will have something to cheer about :)

meh i'm not hot on Bledsoe. Although he made progress in his shooting ability, it's not ideal and if he can't improve it he's just a one trick pony. And then he'll want a raise soon after.