Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

See I disagree. First off, we have an all around guy in Aflallo and JJ outplayed him.

Also, Ben Mac easily projects as a better JJ Redick more than anyone.

What a lot of people don't get is that a great shot sets up a slashing drive. JJ did not ever really even slash that much, he was more of a guy who came off screens and got open looks or got to the hole off of pump fakes.

So basically you are wanting Ben here from the post you just made, as Oladipo is nothing like JJ Redick.

Umm... What?

Aron was a starter over JJ for a reason.

While your right about the screens and curl screen pop shots, JJ did a considerable amount of slashing.

No, I wasnt suggesting Ben being drafted. I was suggesting that our system is going to have a play into our decision... much like talent and position needs. And I was also suggesting that Oladipo would be a better fit because he is known to drive where Ben is known for shooting, if it was down to who is the best fit into JV's system both offensively and defensively.

I like Oli, but I still have McLemore a head of him. I like that the guy has a good head on his shoulders and is interviewing well and that's all fine and dandy but I would rather hear he's shooting up draft boards based of something other than being able to talk well in interviews. I know it's nice having a player that will be a good guy on and off the court, but that's not enough to shoot him a head of McLemore IMO. It's not like McLemore has a deep criminal past here.

Interesting scenario is if the Cavs take McLemore. I think Noel is the "obvious" pick in that scenario but I also see us giving Oli some serious consideration at 2. But in that scenario I think we def will try to trade down and see what we can get for the No2 pick.

Time goes and i like Oladipo more and more.

the comparision with Allen is about them both are winners, and that´s something you can´t teach.

Oladipo has the tools, he want to be a better player, he want to work hard for it, and he has the ceilling. He can be something special if he works hard.

We should take the best player available atthe 2, for is Oladipo, no doubt about it.

• Upvote 1

When you win 20 games you do not worry about the system you just get talent. This offseason, draft, and next season, offseason, and draft is about stockpiling assets. Then you can decide what you want to do. Drafting a player to fit a system is ridiculous. That is how teams convince themselves to take Marvin Williams ahead of Chris Paul and Deron Williams or Greg Oden over Durant.

• Upvote 2

See I disagree. First off, we have an all around guy in Aflallo and JJ outplayed him.

Also, Ben Mac easily projects as a better JJ Redick more than anyone.

What a lot of people don't get is that a great shot sets up a slashing drive. JJ did not ever really even slash that much, he was more of a guy who came off screens and got open looks or got to the hole off of pump fakes.

So basically you are wanting Ben here from the post you just made, as Oladipo is nothing like JJ Redick.

I agree with this comparison and have been saying it since day one. A much more athletic version of JJ Redick is IMO a strong candidate for 6MOTY and I'll take that if this draft is as weak as the experts say.

When you win 20 games you do not worry about the system you just get talent. This offseason, draft, and next season, offseason, and draft is about stockpiling assets. Then you can decide what you want to do. Drafting a player to fit a system is ridiculous. That is how teams convince themselves to take Marvin Williams ahead of Chris Paul and Deron Williams or Greg Oden over Durant.

Exactly… there is sooo many examples of that. GM´s… Stupid is stupid does.

• Upvote 1

It's funny how you guys are so passionately defending drafting "player x". It's one thing to have a preference, it's another thing to tell other posters that they are wrong. Any of the guys we're talking about could potentially be the best player in the draft and everyone has red flags and historical comparisons that indicate they might be nothing better than journeymen.

Noel is very similar to stromile swift and Marcus camby

Mclemore is very similar to Brandon rush or a better shooting, shorter Rudy gay.

Oladipo easily could be Quincy pondexter (opportunistic scoring sf who can defend but isn't a franchise centerpiece)

Burke could be jj barrea or Ty Lawson.

Porter could be al Thornton or Paul George

So get on your bandwagons and everything, but don't act like 1 guy is head and shoulders above everyone else

• Upvote 2

Actually the Hawks desparately needed a PG and still picked Marvin Williams over Paul and Williams...I don't know if there is a word in the English language for that kind of stupid.

Ford said in his draft blog today we want Bledsoe and mentions Afflalo for Butler and him. Doesn't mention trading our pick in that deal too though.

I mean that's such a no brainer, but that's exactly why it won't happen.

I mean that's such a no brainer, but that's exactly why it won't happen.

In this draft I might do #2 and afflalo for butler, Bledsoe, and their 2014 pick

In this draft I might do #2 and afflalo for butler, Bledsoe, and their 2014 pick

We would have to get their 2014 pick. I wouldn't trade our pick this year just for Bledsoe, no way. But Affalo makes sense for them and I think a lot of teams will have interest in him. He's a really good 3rd scoring option on a championship caliber team. Bulls, Clippers and Thunder, Timberwolves I think could make run at Affalo trade.