Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

nbadraft.net has BMac going first overall. If that happens is Nerlens Noel the obvious pick or do we lean Burke? Does Bennett or Porter come into play?

Noel is the obvious pick... whether or not we trade down, he still has the most projected value...

Earlier today, Chad Ford of ESPN.com released his latest mock draft and he somewhat surprisingly had Indiana's Victor Oladipo going No. 2 to the Magic. The forward has long been thought to be a top ten talent, but this is the highest that we've seen him projected on any of the major mock drafts. The reason? Oladipo is said to be wowing NBA execs in interviews and his maturity and attitude could be enough to vault him past the likes of Trey Burke, Ben McLemore, and Otto Porter.

Ford is chatting at 1 today.

What has been interesting is there has been some players who are doing a good job of increasing their stock. Victor and MCW are the top two who have done well either at interviews or the metrics test. Unfortunately I think Noel is in a bad spot because he cant do both, and will only have minimal face time with his current status. For Nerlens its a waiting game more than anything else.... a very nervous one at that.

Now that these GM's are settling in for the long hall of figuring out who they want. A few of these players have an excellent chance of shining and taking Noel out of the #1 pick seat, or being taken earlier.

Also, some players are not doing so well. Lets try and guess who this player is, According to the link:

Although everyone attests to "Draftee X" humility and thinks he's a great young man, his lack of aggressiveness shined through even in the interviews.

Answer: ?

2013 NBA Draft ESPN Updated

If the Cavs pass on Noel it means something is wrong medically. This isn't a great draft but they need a big. I bet Noel drops to Charlotte if Cleveland passes.

Mclemore -- 2P% = 55.3%; 3P% = 42.0%; FG% = 49.5%; TS% = 0.63; eFG% = 0.59

Oladipo -- 2P% = 64.4%; 3P% = 44.1%; FG% = 59.9%; TS% = 0.67; eFG% = 0.65

See this is why just posting stats can tell any story you want.

The reality is Oladipo attempted less than 2 3 pointers a game and made less than 45% of those.

Ben attempted close to 5 and hit %42 of those.

Does that make my statement more clear or are you really going to tell me Oladipo can bring the shooting talent that Ben can?

• Upvote 1

If the Cavs pass on Noel it means something is wrong medically. This isn't a great draft but they need a big. I bet Noel drops to Charlotte if Cleveland passes.

That's not necessarily true. The Cavs already have Anderson Varejao, Tyler Zeller and Tristan Thompson and apparently want to try and make the playoffs next year, if that's true then they won't want Noel because he'll need time to recover, they'll need a guy who can contribute right away.

The Hornets need Noel.

See this is why just posting stats can tell any story you want.

The reality is Oladipo attempted less than 2 3 pointers a game and made less than 45% of those.

Ben attempted close to 5 and hit %42 of those.

Does that make my statement more clear or are you really going to tell me Oladipo can bring the shooting talent that Ben can?

The on thing we all need to consider is who would fit the system better... a slasher guard in Oladipo or a spot up shooter. For the amount of movement we go through, a slashing player is preferred. That was the great thing about JJ, he could do both effectively.

The on thing we all need to consider is who would fit the system better... a slasher guard in Oladipo or a spot up shooter. For the amount of movement we go through, a slashing player is preferred. That was the great thing about JJ, he could do both effectively.

See I disagree. First off, we have an all around guy in Aflallo and JJ outplayed him.

Also, Ben Mac easily projects as a better JJ Redick more than anyone.

What a lot of people don't get is that a great shot sets up a slashing drive. JJ did not ever really even slash that much, he was more of a guy who came off screens and got open looks or got to the hole off of pump fakes.

So basically you are wanting Ben here from the post you just made, as Oladipo is nothing like JJ Redick.

i don't think you consider who fits the system better at all. I think you take the best player and worry about adjusting the system later.