Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

It would really surprise me if the Cavs were going for Noel over Len. I know Noel's passed physicals and whatnot, but after Oden, no one wants to whiff on a big guy with obvious (current) health issues.

If Noel becomes an all star as a #3 pick, I think the Cavs will live with that, and I don't think Len will disappoint them. Added to that, it looks like Len has a more polished offensive game and is more consistent defensively.

For the Magic? I think we take Victor over Len or Noel, and this bit with us "pouncing" on Noel sounds a bit like a smokescreen.

Robertson if he´s available at our second should be selected, i don´t know if he can contribute immediately, but for sure hw would be a geat addition in the future.

I think also McCollum can be the steal of this draft. He has the tools to be a Tony Parker with a solid 3 point range.

McCollum is far more George Hill than Tony Parker

Rotoworld is reporting that the Wolves are exploring trading Derrick Williams along with the #9 and 26th pick to move up to grab Oladipo.

Would you guys be down for that? We could get McCollum at #9 hopefully and then the best wing player available at #26.

I heard a rumor on CBS radio this morning that Portland has been dangling Lamarcus Aldridge. Didn't think too much of it at first but, since Zellar has been compared to Aldridge in the past, does anyone think there's a chance we may be in cahouts with the Blazers for Aldridge (#2 pick/BBD)? Pure speculation on my part obviously. It's more the timing than anything that made me wonder

I'd love Lamarcus Aldrigde on our team.

Him or Kevin Love.

McCollum is far more George Hill than Tony Parker

I say he has the tools not he is Tony Parker. When he gets into the hole he has the impact of Parker. And also he has a better range of shooting. I really like him. He would be a really nice player in the NBA if he can play the PG.

Rotoworld is reporting that the Wolves are exploring trading Derrick Williams along with the #9 and 26th pick to move up to grab Oladipo.

Would you guys be down for that? We could get McCollum at #9 hopefully and then the best wing player available at #26.

No to Derrick Williams. The T-Wolves have constantly tried to dump him just a short time after taking him #2 for a reason. I'm fine with Noel, McLemore or Oladipo plus a Bledsoe deal.

I'm not sure the Magic go for a trade for a player over draft picks. Unless it's someone who's a total game-changer (LeBron), I think Henny would just go for picks this year. That said, there's no guarantee we get a high pick next year, and the odds are against us getting the #2 (or higher) pick.

At this point, given the Magic's current state, I'd keep the keep the #2 pick, take Victor, and start building around him.

I'm not sure the Magic go for a trade for a player over draft picks. Unless it's someone who's a total game-changer (LeBron), I think Henny would just go for picks this year. That said, there's no guarantee we get a high pick next year, and the odds are against us getting the #2 (or higher) pick.

At this point, given the Magic's current state, I'd keep the keep the #2 pick, take Victor, and start building around him.

I'd be fine with drafting Oladipo, but he isn't a player you build anything around. We aren't building anything around anyone until next year.

If Hennigan knows he's getting his PG in Bledsoe, I could see him feeling more emboldened to gamble on Noel with the 2nd pick.

Having said that, I'm breathing a sigh of relief when Stern announces Noel at #1.

If Noel drops at #1, and I don't think he will, would the Magic take Len or Victor, do you think?

I'd be fine with drafting Oladipo, but he isn't a player you build anything around. We aren't building anything around anyone until next year.

I'd buy that, too. I think Oladipo would be kind of a Deng-type player: a workhorse guy who's a motor for the team, but not necessarily the guy in the driver's seat.

No to Derrick Williams. The T-Wolves have constantly tried to dump him just a short time after taking him #2 for a reason. I'm fine with Noel, McLemore or Oladipo plus a Bledsoe deal.

You wouldn't take Williams even though you would add two first (including a lottery pick) on the team. You could always turn around and trade Williams later in the season.

Also I'm cool with Henny drafting McLemore,, Oladipo, and Bennett. I don't care for Noel but I'll trust the pick if we get him. I have no reason to doubt Rob at the moment and I hope I never have to. I was watching the Kentucky/Oklahoma game and Noel was getting pushed around by players who probably won't even make the league.

I think Derrick Williams + CJ McCollum + 26th pick would be really nice.

I still think Derrick can play but the only problem he has is that we don't know if he's a SF or a PF. While some players can be effective in that tweener role (Jeff Green) others crumble (Michael Beasley).

I think Derrick Williams + CJ McCollum + 26th pick would be really nice.

I still think Derrick can play but the only problem he has is that we don't know if he's a SF or a PF. While some players can be effective in that tweener role (Jeff Green) others crumble (Michael Beasley).

Duplication is bad. Plus this isnt the draft where having alot of picks is going to help.