Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

I just dont believe Otto Porter is gonna be that good. I think Harkless could be a star for us but I've been drinking the Harkless kool-aid for awhile. I just the potential there

Noel was looking like the easy first pick until he got hurt against florida. Anyone could get hurt stuff like that just happens. He probably still has the most potential

BMac is the best fit for us that also has the best Potential.

Oli is a get what you see pick, and I think he is talking his way up the draft

Talking his way up? Can't disagree more. He's moving up because he has all the tools but also the work ethic, focus, and desire to improve his game to another level. Will he is still the question but athletes with that combination have become great as a result.

Talking his way up? Can't disagree more. He's moving up because he has all the tools but also the work ethic, focus, and desire to improve his game to another level. Will he is still the question but athletes with that combination have become great as a result.

I think he will be a great pipen like player with out the handles and passing.

I think he will be a great pipen like player with out the handles and passing.

I never like making comparisons. He'll be what he works to be.

I never like making comparisons. He'll be what he works to be.

I was mostly meaning his ability to play def with length and quickness reminded me of pippen.

ABSOLUTELY

Any word on workouts today, or were they not today?? (Burke & noel).

light work out and dinner with the front office. It was mostly about seeing if burke fit into the culture of the magic.

I was mostly meaning his ability to play def with length and quickness reminded me of pippen.

He's going to have to show me a lot before I see similarities between him and probably the greatest small forward defender of all-time.

A contributor at the Blazers blog on SBNation has a very good series of comps where he looks at combine results + college seasons for player similarity. I like it a lot because he has different tiers of comps so it goes beyond simple best case and worst case scenarios. http://www.sbnation.com/users/ziggythebeagle/blog

He unfortunately has not run Burke through his numbers and he may not seeing as the Blazers are set at point guard but from what he's got so far:

-MCW, Shabazz, Olynyk and McLemore have a high chance of being busts. Quentin Richardson is the perfect comp for Shabazz.

-McCollum likely ends up as a decent NBA player.

-Noel is by far the best player in the draft.

-Porter is a safe, albeit low reward pick. Batum is his best comp.

-Oladipo has some risks but projects to be good from the get go and has upside.

-Dieng and Adams both look to be very good defensively with Dieng having a surprising amount of upside.

-KCP is a safe pick and has higher upside than McLemore.

• Upvote 1

A contributor at the Blazers blog on SBNation has a very good series of comps where he looks at combine results + college seasons for player similarity. I like it a lot because he has different tiers of comps so it goes beyond simple best case and worst case scenarios. http://www.sbnation.com/users/ziggythebeagle/blog

He unfortunately has not run Burke through his numbers and he may not seeing as the Blazers are set at point guard but from what he's got so far:

-MCW, Shabazz, Olynyk and McLemore have a high chance of being busts. Quentin Richardson is the perfect comp for Shabazz.

-McCollum likely ends up as a decent NBA player.

-Noel is by far the best player in the draft.

-Porter is a safe, albeit low reward pick. Batum is his best comp.

-Oladipo has some risks but projects to be good from the get go and has upside.

-Dieng and Adams both look to be very good defensively with Dieng having a surprising amount of upside.

-KCP is a safe pick and has higher upside than McLemore.

I wouldn't mind a draft where we got Noel and did the trade with Dallas and got KCP.