Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

Totally this - when you're picking in the top 5-10? ALWAYS take the best talent. I mean, the Spurs took Duncan when they had arguably one of the best centers in the game (even though Duncan is a """""Power forward""""" <- quotes added for emphasis and hilarity).

I agree, just not sure if Porter is any better than McLemore. At least McLemore's skill set is a little different than what we already have in Harris and Harkless. If Porter was noticeably better in the short or long-term there would be no question.

Magic Big Board (nothing more than my opinion and what I've read)

McLemore

Porter

Olidipo

MCW (steve kyler says most GM's have MCW a head of Burke and that many GM's see burke as nothing more than DJ Augustine, his words not mine)

Burke (higher if we trade down for him)

Not sure where Noel would be, but I'd be happy with anyof the first 3 mainly the top 2 though. Porter to me seems like the most sure thing in this draft. And like it's been pointed out, were not worried about filling positions were trying to accumulate the best talent.

I agree, just not sure if Porter is any better than McLemore. At least McLemore's skill set is a little different than what we already have in Harris and Harkless. If Porter was noticeably better in the short or long-term there would be no question.

Yeah, my problem is that I watched very little basketball in the last year and even less NCAA, so my knowledge of these guys mostly come down to ESPN (ie. hype) and the couple games I saw during the tournament.

I liked Burke - seemed to have a lot of leadership skills even if he was lacking in height. Seemed to be a very smart player. Never got to see Oladipo play, but the highlights I've seen look good. Of course, I could make a highlight reel of me and make it look good, sooo...

I dunno. The thing about this draft is that there's not really a no-brainer. I'm sure ten years from now, everyone will look back on this draft and say: "How could so many people have passed on ________?" There's always one and some team has to get lucky.

But right now? It seems like Noel's an acceptable risk at #1 and then the next 5-10 guys are all about the same level of bust/make-it potential. I won't jump out the window no matter who we draft.

I'd love to get Schroeder, though, but not with the #2 pick. :D

Magic Big Board (nothing more than my opinion and what I've read)

McLemore

Porter

Olidipo

MCW (steve kyler says most GM's have MCW a head of Burke and that many GM's see burke as nothing more than DJ Augustine, his words not mine)

Burke (higher if we trade down for him)

I would not exactly call Steve Kyler a reliable source of information lol. Earlier this year he said Al Harrington was just going to retire.

Nyce, I think the Magic prefer Ben Mac due to the huge need for 3 point shooting at the SG position.

But Oladipo has the work ethic..etc. I know the Magic will have to consider him, but I think they would take Ben over him. Just guessing on that based on the needs the magic have identified.

Basically: 3pt shooting vs defensive tenacity & work ethic.

I can easily see how/why Ben is a better fit next to the players we have, but man, Oladipo brings it. Maybe because I have a soft spot in my heart for hustle & defensive teams (like Indian and Chicago) makes me want Oladipo more.

Regardless, i'll ride or die for whomever Robby picks.

Hennigan is a moneyballer, that´s the most important thing to predict who he´s going to pick.

I think mclemore could be Eric Gordon

In a bad or good way?

In a bad or good way?

I think that has to be in a good way because McLemore doesn't have a history of injuries and if you take Gordon's injury issues away he's a 20 point a night scorer.

I think McLemore is a more athletic version of Klay Thompson. I believe a lot of his stumbles this season had to due with the lack of PG play at Kansas.