Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

He ranked pretty well in the lane agility drills and the 3/4th sprint but his max vert was lower than Burke's

Which isn't a huge deal to me: while it's great if your guard has a 50" vert, I'd rather they were looking for the pass. For example, I'm betting Rondo's vert isn't all that high and Jason Kidd never dunked in his life.

The bigs in this draft aren't that exciting IMO. Gobert is robotic as *****

Best case scenario IMO would be trading down and snatching up Schroeder and Hardaway Jr, or some other combination of PG/SG.

The bigs in this draft aren't that exciting IMO. Gobert is robotic as *****

Best case scenario IMO would be trading down and snatching up Schroeder and Hardaway Jr, or some other combination of PG/SG.

That's how I see it too. Schroeder has a huge upside and wouldn't have a lot of pressure to be the man for us next year. I think he could really develop into a star. Hardaway jr would be a good late pick as I think he will be willing to do all the little things. If we do trade a get to first and Gobert slipped down to our 2nd pick I would consider taking him.

That's how I see it too. Schroeder has a huge upside and wouldn't have a lot of pressure to be the man for us next year. I think he could really develop into a star. Hardaway jr would be a good late pick as I think he will be willing to do all the little things. If we do trade a get to first and Gobert slipped down to our 2nd pick I would consider taking him.

Yeah, his size is hard to ignore but he's sooo robotic. I guess we have to wait and see if he becomes Hasheem Thabeet 2.0 or not

I would take Oladipo over Burke even though I'm not a huge Oladipo fan. But I do think that Oladipos floor isn't to low and worse case scenario he's a lock down defender that can be counted on to stop the great 2 guards in the league. Offensively, he's a question mark but again at least he will be great at least on one end of the court. I personally compare Oladipo to Tony Allen, though Oladipo's ceiling is much higher. I just think his floor is Tony Allen.

Tony Allen is a really good player, so that is setting a pretty damn high floor for Oladipo.

• Upvote 2

Yeah, his size is hard to ignore but he's sooo robotic. I guess we have to wait and see if he becomes Hasheem Thabeet 2.0 or not

I almost said he could be the next Thabeet though lol. Which is why he would have to drop and some other names would have to be off the board before I would take him no questions asked.

I would take Oladipo over Burke even though I'm not a huge Oladipo fan. But I do think that Oladipos floor isn't to low and worse case scenario he's a lock down defender that can be counted on to stop the great 2 guards in the league. Offensively, he's a question mark but again at least he will be great at least on one end of the court. I personally compare Oladipo to Tony Allen, though Oladipo's ceiling is much higher. I just think his floor is Tony Allen.

Yes. Tony Allen is a good comparision, but i see him more like a athletic Bruce Bowen. As you says, i feel the same about oladipo. He would be at least a lock down defender in one on one. Looks like he has a work ethic, you just need to see he´s numbers in last season.

Im a little worried about he´s BB IQ, that can hurt he´s team he´s capability of team defense, but if he works he would be fine.

Im not an Oladipo fan, i was excited about Smart, but just him.

This draft would be though to make desitions. There is so many doubts about many players…

I'd be super excited about a Hardaway Jr/Schroeder draft. Those two guys are two of my favorite prospects. It would also mean we could cut Dequan Jones which is a plus (or at least play him a lot less).

I actually think that this is a deep draft in terms of perimeter players. There are 3 big men I'd consider drafting Gobert, Adams and Noel.

I'd be super excited about a Hardaway Jr/Schroeder draft. Those two guys are two of my favorite prospects. It would also mean we could cut Dequan Jones which is a plus.

I dunno, I'm not a fan of Hardaway Jr at all and though Schroeder is a guy that many are hyping up, I've heard he has serious attitude problems and I just don't see that fitting in with the culture we're trying to build.

Olidipo on the high side could be a lot like Iggy. High energy defender that can be dangerous but erratic on the offensive side of the ball.

If we land the 1st overall then I would not mind trading down for him and hopefully getting another pick for Schroeder.