Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

I'm sorry but Steve Nash or Chris Paul?! Burke is incredibly talented but there's a reason people keep saying there are no superstars in this draft so I can't imagine Burke will suddenly go on to become an All-NBA PG. Also, numerous players have been Naismith College Player of the Year and had average or worse NBA careers.

Ceiling means potential to become that level of a player. I did not say he was there yet. He has work to do. I used both nash and paul comparison because of burke's great ability to use p&r. As mentioned before, no one thought that nash would ever be a 2 time mvp but he became that regardless of his lack of defense. Nash and Paul's ability to pass and score out of pick & roll is their strength to their teams.

Burke has Chris Paul's ability to keep players on his hip that come over the top of Pick & Roll plays; this allows him to make a lot of plays for him and other players. This is a rare talent out of college and will allow him to make others better around him. He does not have Paul's defense yet.

Burke also has Nash's ability to limit turnovers, Control the pace of the game, make pine point passes on the move, and shoot 3s on people that go under on Pick & Rolls, but He needs to show he can do it in the NBA. I can see Burke being closer to Nash than Paul, because of his questions on defense.

I did say his floor was DJ Augustin.

Best Case Scenario: Steve Nash / Chris Paul

Tweeners: Mark Price / Terrell Brandon

Worst Case Scenario: DJ Augustin

• Upvote 1

I don't really see the comparison with Nash or Paul.

Paul is a great defender and distributor, Nash is not really known for driving hard to the basket.

As much as some people get really pissed off about it (I don't know why), the best comparison would be Jameer Nelson, in my opinion.

• Upvote 1

Paul is a great defender and distributor, Nash is not really known for driving hard to the basket.

As much as some people get really pissed off about it (I don't know why), the best comparison would be Jameer Nelson, in my opinion.

He is longer and a better passer. He really gets others involved. He would make harris and harkless better. I see him getting them easy shots.

Nelson has had T.O. problems. Passing and limiting TOs is one of burkes strengths. Nelson is a better finisher at the basket.

The similarity between burke, nash and paul is pick and roll ability.

Burke has a higher IQ as a pg than Nelson.

Agree. I mean I see absolutely no Steve Nash. Nash was always a world class passer and Paul was an elite defender and could finish at the rim through contact and also had no trouble getting around bigger even more athletic defenders, both things Burke struggles at.

Jameer Nelson/DJ Augustine is the Ceiling...........stop with the CP3 and Steve Nash comparisons, they just don't work.

Question: Would you rather pick 1 of the top guys (Noel, Burke or B-Mac) or trade down and get a combination of let's say Schroeder and Dieng/Gobert?

Question: Would you rather pick 1 of the top guys (Noel, Burke or B-Mac) or trade down and get a combination of let's say Schroeder and Dieng/Gobert?

I'd take Schroeder/McCollum and Gobert/Adams over Burke or BMac or Noel honestly. There are so many interesting scenarios that don't involve a top 5 prospect which is why I could honestly not care whether we trade the pick or use it. There are so many guys not being talked about as top 5 picks (some not being talked about as 1st round picks) who will have long careers and I think one of those might end up being the best player out of this draft when all is said and done.

I'd take Schroeder/McCollum and Gobert/Adams over Burke or BMac or Noel honestly. There are so many interesting scenarios that don't involve a top 5 prospect which is why I could honestly not care whether we trade the pick or use it. There are so many guys not being talked about as top 5 picks (some not being talked about as 1st round picks) who will have long careers and I think one of those might end up being the best player out of this draft when all is said and done.

That's what I was thinking. Noel is the only one that really excites me of the top 3 guys, and he has that bust potential because of his ACL tear.

I'm leaning towards trading down more and more

Btw, I know I mentioned this before but I think Luke Hancock could be a good player in the NBA.

He's been overlooked all his life, overcome odds AND he's a Magic fan.

I think he's got some killer instinct and fire in his game that anyone could use.

In my opinion he has a higher ceiling than DeQuan Jones - who is nothing more than a high energy guy that can't shoot.

What do you know about those players other than what you read?

Agree. I mean I see absolutely no Steve Nash. Nash was always a world class passer and Paul was an elite defender and could finish at the rim through contact and also had no trouble getting around bigger even more athletic defenders, both things Burke struggles at.

Jameer Nelson/DJ Augustine is the Ceiling...........stop with the CP3 and Steve Nash comparisons, they just don't work.

Nelson and Augustine are not alike. Neither are Paul and Nash.

I really believe you just have it out for pgs who aren't 6'3 and throw down monster dunks.