Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

Nerlens Noel measurements: 6'10" in socks and 6'11.5" in shoes. 7' 3.75" wingspan and a very good 9-2 standing reach.

KU's Ben McLemore was just 6'3.5" in socks and 6'4.75" in shoes. He does, however have a 6'7.75" wingspan.

Trey Burke. 5'11.75" in socks. 6'1.25" shoes. 6'5.5" wingspan. Good measurement for him.

Victor Oladipo was even smaller at 6'3.25" in socks and 6'4.25" in shoes. His wingspan was a very long 6'9.25" however.

Otto Porter was big with a 6'7.5" in socks and 6' 8.5" in shoes measurement . He has a very big 7'1.5" wing.

CJ McCollum 6'2.25" in socks. 6'3.25" shoes. 6'6.25" wing

Shabazz Muhammad was much smaller Measuring 6'4.75" in socks and 6'6.25" in shoes He does have a 6'11" wingspan.

Cody Zeller 6'10.75" in socks and 7'0.25" in shoes. His 6-10.75 wing and 8'10" standing reach is on the small side however.

Rudy Gobert 7'0.5" in socks and 7'2" in shoes with a crazy 7'8.5" wingspan and insane 9'7" standing reach.

Steven Adams. 6'10.75" socks. 7'0" shoes. 7'4.5" wing 9'1.5" standing reach.

(Trey Burke. 5'11.75" in socks. 6'1.25" shoes. 6'5.5" wingspan. Good measurement for him.) I truly feel better picking him #1 . 6.1 is not bad. And, 6.5.5 is above the 6.4 average nba pg wingspan.

I think burke has the top skill set in the draft and he is still young.

A more pressing concern is Noel's weight. 206 is just not going to cut it because he can only play center as he has no jumpshot whatsoever. For comparisons sake, Anthony Davis weighed in at 225 and he still struggled defensively his rookie year. I mean he'll probably put on some muscle but 206 is is absurdly thin, he weighs about as much as Moe Harkless.

A more pressing concern is Noel's weight. 206 is just not going to cut it because he can only play center as he has no jumpshot whatsoever. For comparisons sake, Anthony Davis weighed in at 225 and he still struggled defensively his rookie year. I mean he'll probably put on some muscle but 206 is is absurdly thin, he weighs about as much as Moe Harkless.

If we draft him, I think he probably sits out this year to rehab and work on his body. No reason to rush things with him and potentially damage him long term, especially if we decide to tank next year.

He can play PF, but yeah...that's thin

Rudy Gobert had the best day yesterday for me. He had an ok looking jumper, affected everything on defense In drills and measured a combine record for wingspan and standing reach. We'll see how people do today with the agility tests etc.

(Trey Burke. 5'11.75" in socks. 6'1.25" shoes. 6'5.5" wingspan. Good measurement for him.) I truly feel better picking him #1 . 6.1 is not bad. And, 6.5.5 is above the 6.4 average nba pg wingspan.

I think burke has the top skill set in the draft and he is still young.

I have to admit I think Burke could be a very good pick. He has an excellent skill set, but has also proved he's got that leadership and clutch ability to win games. He's good enough to start straight away, but with Nelson in that position it would allow us to nurture Burke into his long term successor. Granted we have other more pressing needs to address, but if we miss out on McLemore then I think grabbing Burke would be my next choice.

If we draft him, I think he probably sits out this year to rehab and work on his body. No reason to rush things with him and potentially damage him long term, especially if we decide to tank next year.

I can understand why Noel should be under consideration, but personally I am still in favor of going for McLemore, then Burke, and finally Noel. At the minute I'd rather see us continue trying to develop Harris and Vuc in their respective roles. If Noel was healthy I guess Harris could always drop to SF, then Harkless to SG or the bench, that could work. But as good as Noel is defensively I think our pick could be better used on landing a long term guard - especially the shooting guard because that could allow us to trade AA away for a pick or a further piece.

But I do agree with you that if we draft Noel there is no reason to rush him back too quickly.

I have to admit I think Burke could be a very good pick. He has an excellent skill set, but has also proved he's got that leadership and clutch ability to win games. He's good enough to start straight away, but with Nelson in that position it would allow us to nurture Burke into his long term successor. Granted we have other more pressing needs to address, but if we miss out on McLemore then I think grabbing Burke would be my next choice.

I can understand why Noel should be under consideration, but personally I am still in favor of going for McLemore, then Burke, and finally Noel. At the minute I'd rather see us continue trying to develop Harris and Vuc in their respective roles. If Noel was healthy I guess Harris could always drop to SF, then Harkless to SG or the bench, that could work. But as good as Noel is defensively I think our pick could be better used on landing a long term guard - especially the shooting guard because that could allow us to trade AA away for a pick or a further piece.

But I do agree with you that if we draft Noel there is no reason to rush him back too quickly.

I really like McLemore, but at the moment I really think that Burke is the pick if we pass on Noel. McLemore is a fun player and shoots lights out, but can't create off the dribble in the same way that Burke can. Plus McLemore has a pattern of disappearing in big spots (see UNC NCAA game).

I gained a lot of weight after my ACL tear. Probably not the kind of weight you want to put on, but it's still something :D

I gained a lot of weight after my ACL tear. Probably not the kind of weight you want to put on, but it's still something :D/>

He will have no problem putting the weight back on. He was 225 this season at UK. I expect to see him at around 245 in his prime playing weight. Remember how small and lanky Dwight was coming out? Noel is only a year past where Dwight was.

He will have no problem putting the weight back on. He was 225 this season at UK. I expect to see him at around 245 in his prime playing weight. Remember how small and lanky Dwight was coming out? Noel is only a year past where Dwight was.

Noel's frame is nothing like Dwight's. Howard was thin but he had broad shoulders and you could tell he was going to fill into a monster. Noel on the other hand is built like a #2 pencil