Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

Otis didn't even want Brook Lopez. You can see what having Brook as your best offensive player gets you. About to lose to a Chicago team without their best player.

I think picking Noel is the smart play simply because the Magic can afford to rehab him suck again and get back into the Top 5 in 2014. Seriously that draft has 5 potential all stars and 3 franchise type guys.

Otis didn't even want Brook Lopez. You can see what having Brook as your best offensive player gets you. About to lose to a Chicago team without their best player.

I think picking Noel is the smart play simply because the Magic can afford to rehab him suck again and get back into the Top 5 in 2014. Seriously that draft has 5 potential all stars and 3 franchise type guys.

Agreed. Also if we end up with the first pick I believe someone in the top 4 or 5 will want to move up to draft Noel and we can possibly move down a few slots, dump a contract or gain an asset, and still get our guy (Burke, McLemore?)

Lol at anyone who think Burke is a No.1 overall pick. Seriously LMFAO.

Yeah, I don't think he's the #1 pick, but given that the selection process for the #1 pick is a lottery, I don't see us getting the #1 pick. I think we'll be picking 3-5, and Burke would fit right in that lot. I think Noel will go #1, no matter who's picking - his upside is just too huge.

Yeah, I don't think he's the #1 pick, but given that the selection process for the #1 pick is a lottery, I don't see us getting the #1 pick. I think we'll be picking 3-5, and Burke would fit right in that lot. I think Noel will go #1, no matter who's picking - his upside is just too huge.

If we don't get a #1 pick between this draft or the next one, I'll be really pissed

Burke is more like Irving, Lillard and Curry -- guys who use an outside shot to set up strong drives but are always ready to pull the trigger on a jumper.

"More like" being the operative term because while he is "more like" Irving, Lillard and Curry he is not nearly as talented. I like Burke's shooting don't get me wrong but the guy shot 37% from 3 for his career in college and we're going to compare him to Steph Curry who this year broke the record for 3 pointers made in a season whilst shooting 45% from 3, seriously? I don't think Burke is as good an athlete or scorer as anyone of those guys.

He has an excellent change-of-speed dribble/attack move, and uses great body control (like Rose) to finish at the rim.

like Rose?! That might be the dumbest thing the guy could have written at that point in the article. Burke is not a good finisher at the rim. He's average at best because his lack of size and explosiveness mean he gets bothered by size inside. Gorgui Deing highlighted that in the National Championship game and he's not exactly an NBA ready defensive anchor.

More importantly than all of that is that Burke plays worse defense than all of those guys mentioned which is hard considering the Cavs actually try and hide Kyrie.

Let's not get carried away here. Most sports reporters are just sports fans who majored in journalism. Just because they say something doesn't mean it's any more right than what anybody on this forum says and honestly I think he's wrong. Burke is a good PG and will probably have a long career because he's efficient, he can shoot and he runs an offense well but I don't think he's a #1 overall player in any draft, even one as bad as this.

I'm pretty sure we're guaranteed to pick no lower than 4th because we have the worst record.

I think it will rain on the day of the draft lottery and there will be a double rainbow.

Yeah, 4th is worst case scenario

And it almost is the best case because we could take Burke there and it would not be a reach.

#1, if we cant trade down is actually not a great pick. You almost have to take Noel. I like him and Vuc together, but he would not be a #1 pick in a normal draft.

And it almost is the best case because we could take Burke there and it would not be a reach.

#1, if we cant trade down is actually not a great pick. You almost have to take Noel. I like him and Vuc together, but he would not be a #1 pick in a normal draft.

If we end up with the first pick I really think we'll be able to move down a few slots, if we don't just take Noel ourselves. You would have to think a team like Cleveland for instance would be fairly motivated to move up, from say pick 3 or 4, to draft Noel.

I personally would not take Noels for two reasons.

A- I don't like gambling on bigs with back or leg injuries.

B- Who would guard stretch 4's with both on the court? Vuch can't and putting Noels on them defeats the purpose of having him on the floor to guard the rim.

I am growing on the idea of taking Otto Porter as the BPA and probably the most sure thing in this draft.