Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

Noel reminds me a bit of Camby with his durability, abilities, build, etc. Camby was a very good player...when he was healthy. If we could get Burke with the 3rd pick? I'd totally be okay with that. If we actually strike gold and get the #1 pick, I'd rather trade down and pick up filler or salary riders instead.

Noel reminds me a bit of Camby with his durability, abilities, build, etc. Camby was a very good player...when he was healthy. If we could get Burke with the 3rd pick? I'd totally be okay with that. If we actually strike gold and get the #1 pick, I'd rather trade down and pick up filler or salary riders instead.

Yeah, I was hoping we could pry Smart out still. Oh well. I do like Noel and do think he will be solid. Let's see where the balls fall and if it is possible to trade down.

Noel and Vuc will be fun though.

Yeah, I was hoping we could pry Smart out still. Oh well. I do like Noel and do think he will be solid. Let's see where the balls fall and if it is possible to trade down.

I agree and, like Camby, I could see him being a very good player in this league and capable of winning games with his play. And we're not under pressure to win a championship in a year or two, so we actually do have an option to just rehab him and let him heal up, strength up, etc.

Noel, Burke, etc - wouldn't really mind any of the consensus top 5's. Just as long as we suck enough that we get a good draft pick next year.

I dont think that Henny will gamble the pick on Noel. He historically shuns away from injured players.

I dont think that Henny will gamble the pick on Noel. He historically shuns away from injured players.

By historically I suppose you mean that one time he passed on Bynum? I think Henny will do his homework and if Noel is medically cleared he will strongly consider taking him. ACL injuries aren't what they used to be.

By historically I suppose you mean that one time he passed on Bynum? I think Henny will do his homework and if Noel is medically cleared he will strongly consider taking him. ACL injuries aren't what they used to be.

I wont give henny much credit for not taking Bynum. Bum knees (not just one), PRP injections multiple times during the year to keep him playing. Attitude and motivation issues. Lazy. Ending contract and could go else where. Will want max money with all the above known issues. I think any GM outside of Philly and not named Otis would obviously stay miles away from this Grant Hill ticking time bomb. It really was an absolute no brainer anyone could see which is why I think it was forced by the master manipulator David Stern on Philly just like Charlotte got sent Vlade years ago and Pau got had for nothing (and yes I know it worked out by sheer chance that Marc actually turned out to be someone but the trade was still brutally one sided the day it was made).

Lopez, Bynum, and Jared Sullinger

Brian Schmitz: Magic passed on Andrew Bynum (knee), Jared Sullinger in draft because of back issues. He'll have surgery. Tip of hat to Magic team doctors. Twitter @MagicInsider

I wont give henny much credit for not taking Bynum. Bum knees (not just one), PRP injections multiple times during the year to keep him playing. Attitude and motivation issues. Lazy. Ending contract and could go else where. Will want max money with all the above known issues. I think any GM outside of Philly and not named Otis would obviously stay miles away from this Grant Hill ticking time bomb. It really was an absolute no brainer anyone could see which is why I think it was forced by the master manipulator David Stern on Philly just like Charlotte got sent Vlade years ago and Pau got had for nothing (and yes I know it worked out by sheer chance that Marc actually turned out to be someone but the trade was still brutally one sided the day it was made).

They got Zach with the te and marc, plus picks

Lol at anyone who think Burke is a No.1 overall pick. Seriously LMFAO.

While I agree that Burke is not the best player in the draft, he is a potentially a top five pick, and the reason why people might say we should take him is because we need to find a long term successor for Nelson. I don't think we will take Burke if we have the first or second pick, he is more likely if we have the third or forth. Instead, I think we'll take Noel or McLemore if we pick inside the top two. But if Henny and co believe that Burke is the best player for us, then I am willing to accept what he chooses to do because he does this for a living.

The main reason people on this forum are debating who we should pick is because there is no overall consensus on who will go first overall. It isn't like the 2011 draft where Irving was pretty much set to go first overall, or last year with Davies. This year each team that goes first overall might take a different player because of their needs, and while I think we'll probably pass on Burke, it isn't beyond possibility that we decide to take him.

Lol at anyone who think Burke is a No.1 overall pick. Seriously LMFAO.

As posted earlier in this thread, seems David Thorpe makes a really strong case for him:

Michigan guard Trey Burke might not have the prototypical physical attributes of an NBA superstar, but if the team that lands the No. 1 overall pick in this year's NBA draft does not have its long-term point guard already in place, it should select Burke without hesitation...

Burke is more like Irving, Lillard and Curry -- guys who use an outside shot to set up strong drives but are always ready to pull the trigger on a jumper. It is a talent that Burke can use to make an immediate impact in the NBA, and he has the kind of attitude to immediately take advantage of his offensive talent. He has an excellent change-of-speed dribble/attack move, and uses great body control (like Rose) to finish at the rim. Defenders will try to go under screens to keep him from getting buckets in the paint, but Burke showed Louisville he will make you pay regardless...

It's possible that one or two players from this class will end up better than Burke in five years. And, as I alluded to earlier, if a team already has a future or current star at point guard, taking Burke might not make sense. Any other team passing on him at the top few spots, however, is taking a big risk and perhaps surrendering a huge reward in the process.

http://insider.espn....-1-overall-pick

I personally believe our board is Noel, Burke, BMac

Lopez, Bynum, and Jared Sullinger

Brian Schmitz: Magic passed on Andrew Bynum (knee), Jared Sullinger in draft because of back issues. He'll have surgery. Tip of hat to Magic team doctors. Twitter @MagicInsider

I believe we passed on Lopez more because that deal sucked and wouldn't leave us with the young players and financial flexibility Hennigan wanted. Not to mention, healthy or not, Lopez isn't a guy Henny (or anyone) would want to build around and/or pay near Max money. Many teams passed on Sullinger too, not necessarily sure if this speaks to any reluctance on Hennigans part or if he just liked Nicholson better at that spot. It would be irresponsible for Hennigan to pass on Noel for simply having been injured, particularly if medical staff indicate a full recovery is likely. Regardless, I have complete faith that Henny and Co. will do their homework and pick the guy who is best fit, short and long-term.