Soul Bro

Official Draft Thread 3.0

Never fear, we'll suck again next year

We can only hope so. I will say though, if AA, Meer, and Baby are back with Moe, T12 and Vuch—we aren't going to be bad enough to have a part in the Wiggins sweepstakes. Ideally at least baby is traded if they all come back I don't see us being near as bad as we were this year, unfortunately.

We can only hope so. I will say though, if AA, Meer, and Baby are back with Moe, T12 and Vuch—we aren't going to be bad enough to have a part in the Wiggins sweepstakes. Ideally at least baby is traded if they all come back I don't see us being near as bad as we were this year, unfortunately.

I doubt all of those guys are back next year but, even if they are, I doubt it makes much of a difference in the wins total for next season. This team will be at the bottom of league again next year.

Ugh no. Burke screams mediocre PG at best. I'm in no way sold on Smart but he easily has the higher ceiling of the two. Shoot for the stars in a draft class like this.

This. Smart has the size and athleticism to be an excellent NBA PG. Burke reminds me a lot of Jameer honestly, I think he'll have himself a good NBA career but in the same way Jameer and Mo Williams have had good NBA careers. We should be shooting higher.

prime Jameer was absurdly good, Burke could be that level for his entire career and possibly above that since he's less turnover prone and is more adept at balancing scoring and passing

Eh, prime Jameer was good enough for half a season to make one All-Star team. If that's the definition of absurdly good then that's not really saying much.

Jameer's prime lasted from the 2008 playoffs when he completely destroyed the Raptors backcourt and played the Pistons tough all the way to the 2010 playoffs when he had a PER of 21 with a TS% of 61 and was arguably the most consistent player on the team. People forget that he started off 2009-2010 very well but was sidelined for about a month with a knee injury that took him until the playoffs to completely recover from. He permanently lost a step after that year however. We should be beyond thrilled to get someone who could sustain that level of play throughout his career.

Moreover, the Burke::Jameer comparison is lazy one as it overlooks things that Burke does better. Burke's a much better ball-handler; Jameer never utilized much beyond simple crossovers and stepbacks while Burke's got a shifty in-and-out dribble, a great hesitation and is adept at changing speeds. Burke's less mistake prone too, I expect him to have a very low turnover rate in the NBA (Jameer's always been below average in this stat). Also Burke's got that large wingspan which will help him on defense.

• Upvote 2

Also I'm starting to wonder if Marcus Smart is even going to declare, this article doesn't paint a good picture

“I have made a Pro-Con list,” he said. “And it gets more difficult every time I (amend) the list. I make it at least every day, because my mind changes every day. So it gets harder and harder every day.”

I'm not sold on Burke's game but he has insane range on that three and is a leader and a positive team influence. As much of a mess as OkSt was, they had a lot of talent and Smart never seemed to corral it in.

I don't think either are as good as BMAC or a health Nerlens. However, of the two I prefer Burke because he's a 100% pure point, has better handles, is more athletic, a better shooter, and from what I've seen has a larger "it" factor.

Trey's not the fastest but he can jump and that wingspan is a huge asset. Probably the best in college at that reach around pick pocket steal. And after watching Uhn and Anthony Johnson for years, point guards will still turn their back at half court.