Sign in to follow this  
Nyce_1

Words of a TRUE TEAM PLAYER...

This is the best quote from a TRUE TEAM PLAYER. Because of this, I want this guy on my team in the years to come.

quote:
I just wanted to help out any way I can. I didn

This is the best quote from a TRUE TEAM PLAYER. Because of this, I want this guy on my team in the years to come.

quote:
I just wanted to help out any way I can. I didn

ok, then I propose that we kick Jameer and Carlos the hell out of Orlando and focus on Dooling and Diener at the point.

-No, I am not seriously saying it should happen quite like that, but dang, give it a chance the rest of this season.

We were so impressive tonight with Dooling running the point and then Jameer came back in and it was like some kind of nasty fungus infecting the whole team. Just my observations.

That's impressive that Dooling called himself out, mentioning that he himself did not play against Charlotte. Not too many players would reference themselves not playing and go on to talk about how they will do anything they can to help win games.

I've been a Dooling fan since he went off in the playoffs against Detroit when he was on the Heat, so I'm a bit of a homer...

Lol, Jameer Nelson: Foot Fungus. Maybe we can get John Madden to coach the Magic and -BOOM- get the Magic to the Superbowl.

quote:
Originally posted by Hutchence:

We were so impressive tonight with Dooling running the point and then Jameer came back in and it was like some kind of nasty fungus infecting the whole team. Just my observations.

I hate to say it because I like Jameer, but I totally agree with you. When he came back in in the 4th, the game was slow, there was barely any driving, and they weren't getting very good shots.

All this talk of Dooling just reminds me of my old thread - Value of a Hustle'r

It is a hard thing when you come to the realization that a player you like may be more hype than anything, not saying this is totally the case with Jameer. I was an Arroyo fan until December.

Both of the PG's are offensive minded, but there's one large difference that separates them.........Dooling plays suffocating defense! Seriously, the guy looked like glue out there the way he was on Deron Williams. With him, Trevor, and Dwight in the lineup, this is a very dangerous defensive team.

I was watching Jameer and this guy focuses more on the guy with the ball then the person hes guarding. Its why guys are throwing up 3 point shots on us. He was guarding Fisher and everytime he would focus on the guy who had the ball while Fisher would get open somewhere far from Jameer. Jameer would just lose him. He just doesn't have the mental capacity to play defense.

I don't think Keyon is the long term answer. He did play more minutes then Jameer.

I think Keyon showed everyone what this team needs. A defensive minded, pass FIRST point guard. Now, I'm not saying keyon is a legit point guard but he looked for his teammates FIRST. That point guard also needs to be able to shoot. I know Dooling can get hot. We'll see how this plays out.

Its funny how board members change their opinions from game to game. For many Dooling was ball hog while playing SG. Wake up you guys he is looking for more playing time that he will get as PG. I must admit he kept our game lively with his ball movement but the assist rate and 3 pt shooting was still the same ****. We won by what we have been saying all the time by playing a fast paced game, less preset calls for Howard, more penetration and board points and better conversion rate of turnovers because of fast brakes. We took advantage of a tired team but when jameer came back they almost caught us. Ariza continues to play better coming off the bench for some reason or other.

quote:
Originally posted by ibonedteribell:

I must admit he kept our game lively with his ball movement but the assist rate and 3 pt shooting was still the same ****. We won by what we have been saying all the time by playing a fast paced game, less preset calls for Howard, more penetration and board points and better conversion rate of turnovers because of fast brakes. We took advantage of a tired team but when jameer came back they almost caught us. Ariza continues to play better coming off the bench for some reason or other.

If Keyon opened up the offense and made all the things happen that we needed to win it makes you wonder. I am still by no means a Coach supporter but if a SG can come in and make our PGs look like middle schoolers, maybe the answer is to get rid of the PGs that have been getting PT. They both have been a fungus as of late.