Sign in to follow this  
~O~

*Like I Said*, Last Night Doesn't Excuse Anything To Me

bnhole,

I agree the Sacramento game is the key. The Magic of late have demonstrated the ability to beat a good team (San Antonio, Chicago, Utah) only to lose the next game. Beating Sacramento would go along way in suggesting we may have turned a corner here.

I am impressed by the way they played and believe the new rotation had alot to do with it. Now I am still skeptical like most until we see it consistently but here is to hoping it happens. When PK said that Coach Hill told them to run at every oppurtunity I hope that signals a changing of the guard and not worrying so much about the "playbook." Also like Utah, Sacramento will be coming off a game against Miami so here is to the Heat wearing them down for us.

I still have my doubts after the victory. We did let the Jazz come all the way from a huge deficit with only 5 minutes left. All in all though I would definitely have to say it was a step in the right direction. We beat a very good team and regardless of whether they were tired or not it was a need that we desperately needed. It also put us back in 8th in the playoffs and only a game behind the Nets for 7th.

The lineup changes were innovative and seemed to work well. It will be interesting to see how Darko will get integrated back into the offense. The new pick and roll offense could be very effective if Napoleon would be willing to take the handcuffs off of Darko and let him shoot. I loved the spacing on the court last night. Sure we didn't sink any 3's but it wasn't a coincidence that Dwight had his best statistical game of the season last night. Playing 45 minutes didn't hurt either.

The key now is to see if the team can take this momentum and extend it. Take what you learned and continue to do it. This team might make the playoffs yet.

I think Darko will mix back in pretty well. He is a very good passer and we will need his size against teams with better low post players (i.e. Shaq).

The Jazz made a run going nuts from outside to the point that Okur was even banking them in from three point land. The lack of a real crunchtime scorer nearly got us again there. That is a problem that has to be addressed in the offseason.

I think the crunch time scorer is a big thing. If Utah tied it who was going to step up?? Also I am really surprised that Utah did not try to foul Dwight the last two trips down the floor for the Magic. I would think in the playoffs and at the end of the year there may be some hack a Dwight.

the win might not excuse anything but it does indicate that Bhill has finally reached the point where he feels forced to make changes to how he coaches. If in the process of this he learns and evolves into being more creative then I can live with him.

At bare minimum it will be hard to put JJ back in a box on the bench at least for two or three games. Now lets see a little Diener (and a few minutes less of Jameer),free Darko to take some outside shots and see what happens.

Well Well Well, the Orlando Magic had this game flying high and I said it before, last night didn't excuse anything.

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

ahhhhhhhhh.............man.............thank you refsssssssss...........

Well Brian went baq to the old slow offense.....

Yeeep

That's Brain Hill's strategy you see. When things are going well he likes to change things up a bit, but when they're going bad he likes to

sit back and do nothing. Pure genius in my opinion.