Sign in to follow this  
Ryan the Magic Fan

Young Players who may Explode in 13-14

Well, Baby, Meer, Tobias, Harkless, Afflalo, and whoever scores off the bench like Nich, FA?, Moore, etc. might have a say in Vuc never hitting 20 either since he won't be featured.

I'm personally hoping that by the start of next season Baby and Afflalo are no longer in the equation. Both are good players and great guys, but I want there shots and touches in the hands of Tobias, Harkless, Vucevic, and Nicholson.

Pretty sure Tobias isn't a rookie but I could be wrong. I think Harkless has a ridiculously high ceiling and Tobias can become a very good player in the NBA. Vucevic could be a 16 to 17 PPG guy if he develops some moves on the block.

See, I think Tobias has a ridiculously high ceiling and Moe could become a great player, but will become only a great team cog. Tobias has the natural knack for becoming a go-to-scorer in this league. Couple that with his athleticism, motor, and improved defense and he's a guy who could wreak havoc on both ends of the floor.

Moe to me does not have the natural shot mechanics that Tobias does. While he has the athleticism to be an elite scorer, I don't see him smoothly making a cross over and pulling up for a 20 fter naturally. I think he'll end up being a better version of Trevor Ariza. We were all hoping Ariza would become the next T-Mac, but he just wasn't the natural scorer that TMac was despite all the incredible athleticism. Ariza has clearly carved himself a nitch in the NBA as a supplement scorer/slasher and lock-down defender, and I see Moe becoming the same.

On another note, does anyone think the Magic are at all considering bringing back DeQuan Jones?

I think he'll battle for a roster spot in the summer league and preseason

12.7 PPG, 11.8 RPG and 1 BLKPG. While this kid has been terrific, he has potential to put better numbers. I'd like to see about 20PPG, 12.5 RPG and 2.5 BLKPG.

Perfectly fine with where Vuv is on offense. Would like to see more of a defensive presence next year.

On another note, does anyone think the Magic are at all considering bringing back DeQuan Jones?

I would hope so. I like his energy and his asking price is prob next to nothing.

Do we think the coaching is doing a good job of developing the young players? Just giving them lots of minutes is not the same as developing them.

Developing great offensive moves and shooting can take time. But defense has a lot to do with effort. I don't see the consistent effort on defense that I think the team should have. To me that raises questions about the coaching.

I love Tobias but I am not sure if he is a go to scorer. In fact, I would say he is a second or 3rd option on a stacked team.

We don't have a go to scorer. Haven't had one in years. Last one I remember is TMac actually.

The Magic will most likely bring back Dequan another year.

I love Tobias but I am not sure if he is a go to scorer. In fact, I would say he is a second or 3rd option on a stacked team.

We don't have a go to scorer. Haven't had one in years. Last one I remember is TMac actually.

The Magic will most likely bring back Dequan another year.

If Tobias was a go to scorer we would be winning more games. Right now he's shown the ability to be an opportunistic scorer who occasionally forces things and has poor shooting nights when he's asked to play in ISO against good defenders. He could continue to improve though

The players are currently playing meaningless games in their minds. They won't make the playoffs but they should see this as an opportunity to earn a roster spot next year. Thus far, all the players have regressed. The shooting percentages have plummeted to the abyss. I would not dare you to look at anyone's shooting percentage on this team with exception of Vucevic

After the playoffs, I won't be unable to predict what Hennigan will do with these players. He's just that good. I hope he actually gets rid of players that are blank silhouettes of created NBA 2k players such as E'Twuan Moore and Doron Lamb. These guys shouldn't even exist in the NBA. I believe Afflalo may be here next year but I'm not sure about Glen Davis. Not sure why everyone hates Affalo but he looks like a person that wants to win. We need one more player that's better than him to be a go to scorer because he's truly a swing man. Knowing that JJ got traded, the fate of Jameer Nelson will be unknown.

Getting rid of these players can give Vaughn no option but to play these young players to see whether they'll rise or fall when there is a call. I truly wish I could predict the future but right now, they're playing like ASS.

I'll wait till after summer and into a meaningful season to pass judgement. Improvement over the summer break in which you're less obligated to the team shows you want to win.

Knowing that JJ got traded, the fate of Jameer Nelson will be unknown.