Sign in to follow this  
The Solution

www.firebrianhill.org

Get out of the way. The www.firebrianhill.org site has teeth and the number of signatures exceed 900 (updated). No management can overlook this petition and the play of this team. Not even the Devos family. The www.firebrianhill.org website is getting press, even if it is just the recognition that the petition exists. Brian Hill days are numbered.

Don't be fooled by Mike Bianchi of the Orlando Sentinel saying that not even Jackson could win with this team. Bianchi had no choice but to look elsewhere, other than Brian Hill, after saying earlier this week that he didn't know if the coach was doing a good job or not, and that Brian shouldn't be fired after only a year and a half. These remarks left Mike with only Otis and the players to go after. Sorry Mike Bianchi, nice try.

Let's keep it simple for the Enablers (members of this forum who haven't signed the petition) and the Management that are preoccupied with the new arena issues.... Hear ye, hear ye, Brian Hill will be gone and the management will have to let him go. If you don't believe me, I have some property in Bithlo that I want you to look at.

The Magic are cooked!! (The Orlando Predators drew a better tv audience then the Magic did Monday) Brian Hill will finish the season and will move on. Otis could be gone as well. The new coach will be the person making a decision about Otis Smith not the other way around. Will Otis, if retained, see that Mike Bianchi gets an invite to the Magic free buffet and tickets for next season?

Good job weezt0e!! When Mike Bianchi comes around to interview you about the success of the web site tell him that you are already booked with ESPN and that Two Bits may have some time now that Florida is winning with or without his 25 cents support.

The Solution

Get out of the way. The www.firebrianhill.org site has teeth and the number of signatures exceed 900 (updated). No management can overlook this petition and the play of this team. Not even the Devos family. The www.firebrianhill.org website is getting press, even if it is just the recognition that the petition exists. Brian Hill days are numbered.

Don't be fooled by Mike Bianchi of the Orlando Sentinel saying that not even Jackson could win with this team. Bianchi had no choice but to look elsewhere, other than Brian Hill, after saying earlier this week that he didn't know if the coach was doing a good job or not, and that Brian shouldn't be fired after only a year and a half. These remarks left Mike with only Otis and the players to go after. Sorry Mike Bianchi, nice try.

Let's keep it simple for the Enablers (members of this forum who haven't signed the petition) and the Management that are preoccupied with the new arena issues.... Hear ye, hear ye, Brian Hill will be gone and the management will have to let him go. If you don't believe me, I have some property in Bithlo that I want you to look at.

The Magic are cooked!! (The Orlando Predators drew a better tv audience then the Magic did Monday) Brian Hill will finish the season and will move on. Otis could be gone as well. The new coach will be the person making a decision about Otis Smith not the other way around. Will Otis, if retained, see that Mike Bianchi gets an invite to the Magic free buffet and tickets for next season?

Good job weezt0e!! When Mike Bianchi comes around to interview you about the success of the web site tell him that you are already booked with ESPN and that Two Bits may have some time now that Florida is winning with or without his 25 cents support.

The Solution

Thanks Solution! This was the third mention of FBHorg in one of Bianchi's articles. This time, he backed way off. I think he may have developed a secret crush. To give so much press to something you despise is a little weird. I think he realised the millenium mark is just around the corner. The great thing is that this is all online! Imagine if a couple of us took pen and pad to a game! I bet we'd get at least 500 there...per game...

quote:
Originally posted by The Solution:

The Magic are cooked!! (The Orlando Predators drew a better tv audience then the Magic did Monday)

I saw that, a real sad statement of this team when they get beat by the Bobcats and the Arena league.

Another example of a news story and reference to the sight:

http://www.aolsportsblog.com/category/nba-rumors/

Magic GM Gives Brian Hill Dreaded Vote of Confidence

Posted Mar 12th 2007 2:05AM by Matt Watson?Filed under: Magic, Eastern, NBA Rumors

When I saw the headline proclaiming "Hill will return as Magic's coach next season" in the Orlando Sentinel, my first thought was actually that Grant Hill had announced plans to move to the sidelines as an assistant next year.

Silly me, the article was actually about Brian Hill, a guy I long wrote off as someone to be canned at the end of the year. If you believe GM Otis Smith, though, that's not the case at all:

"We're not letting him go," Smith said. "I fully expect him to fulfill his contractual obligations."

Hill, 59, signed a four-year contract with the Magic in May 2005. Does he mean it? Or was this just the dreaded vote of confidence that precedes every coach's firing? It's impossible to say, though the folks at FireBrianHill.org can hope it's the latter based on the following quote:

Smith said that if the Magic do not make the playoffs this season, "I think we'll have to evaluate everything. We don't make the playoffs, all of us will be evaluated."

It's obvious the Magic were pinning their hopes on making it back to the playoffs this season, because honestly, there's literally no consolation prize for missing out -- the team traded their first-round pick (top five protected) to the Pistons in last year's trade for Darko Milicic.

quote:
The Magic are cooked!! (The Orlando Predators drew a better tv audience then the Magic did Monday)

Thats not a fair statement. The Magic played on crappy UPN or whatever the hell it is now, and the Preds played on ESPN. A Magic game on ESPN would outdraw a Predator game on ESPN.

quote:
Another example of a news story and reference to the sight:

http://www.aolsportsblog.com/category/nba-rumors/

Magic GM Gives Brian Hill Dreaded Vote of Confidence

Posted Mar 12th 2007 2:05AM by Matt Watson?Filed under: Magic, Eastern, NBA Rumors

When I saw the headline proclaiming "Hill will return as Magic's coach next season" in the Orlando Sentinel, my first thought was actually that Grant Hill had announced plans to move to the sidelines as an assistant next year.

Silly me, the article was actually about Brian Hill, a guy I long wrote off as someone to be canned at the end of the year. If you believe GM Otis Smith, though, that's not the case at all:

"We're not letting him go," Smith said. "I fully expect him to fulfill his contractual obligations."

Hill, 59, signed a four-year contract with the Magic in May 2005. Does he mean it? Or was this just the dreaded vote of confidence that precedes every coach's firing? It's impossible to say, though the folks at FireBrianHill.org can hope it's the latter based on the following quote:

Smith said that if the Magic do not make the playoffs this season, "I think we'll have to evaluate everything. We don't make the playoffs, all of us will be evaluated."

It's obvious the Magic were pinning their hopes on making it back to the playoffs this season, because honestly, there's literally no consolation prize for missing out -- the team traded their first-round pick (top five protected) to the Pistons in last year's trade for Darko Milicic.

Nice mention there! Thats going on the site!

I've waited a long time to decide whether I wanted Hill fired or not. Is he the sorce of our losing and not our winning? I finally gave in today. I'm #723. Hope we get 1000!

quote:
Originally posted by O-dub:

MMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmm..............Otis Smith's contract.............

I will never understand why everyone insists on blaming Otis. It was his job to put the team together not to run it from the sideline.