Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

For all the blame everything on the coach people, here's my take.

quote:
Originally posted by magic07:

Is this a repeat? Didn't someone just last week show comparisons in ages that showed top flight teams being as young or younger that did very well? Considering it took 66 games to make small effective changes does not idicate he is doing a good job coaching..on the contrary

yes I did

Magicman you keep preaching about how fans should speak their mind and yet you respond like this.

quote:
What an absolute waste of thread space

Meanwhile these are a couple of posts that JD has made on this thread.

quote:
Smack I'm not saying that ...

Constructive critics... are part of the game and needed...

It's the ones who take it further by making statements like that one ...

that annoy me and probably others.To B***h ,get pissed ,love and BELIEVE are all part of this wonderfull game ...

it's just some get to carried away.

and

quote:
Everyone has a right to their opinion...

Maybe you can explain to me why you insist on picking on JD. The guy says maybe 10 to 15 words max in his posts and yet you have decided to single him out. Why? Because you think you can make yourself look good. Well the only thing you've accomplished is to make yourself look like a jack*ss.

Your whole clique theory is absurd and merely an excuse for you to continue to stand up on your soapbox and keep talking. Almost everyone here (including myself) has gotten into it with another member. Hell, Smack and I got into it over JJ Redick during the summer. If there is anyone here that seems intolerant of other peoples opinions it looks like its you. I can now see why Smack can't stand you.

quote:
Originally posted by weezt0e:

Knappy left?? Why?

Here it is:

Just sending in my resignation - no point to even deal with the magic anymore. I am done. I enjoyed the message board and most of you all with your clever comments.

I just can't take it anymore. I am disgusted with the owners, GM and coach and will no longer support the Magic in anyway, until a new owner group comes in.

If anyone wants me to fight against a new arena let me know - I would like to see this team leave town - we could get an expansion franchise in the future. Or I would prefer the owners sell out - I can't handle those idiots anymore. They feel entitled and they don't care about the fans at all.

Knappy

Circle the wagons Emory. I would think it would be obvious by now that I really don't care.

Smack calls people retards and all kinds of names in open threads and is emotionally imbalanced enough to use private PM to hurl insults all without nary a protest from anyone else. That speaks for itself and I am ecstatic not to have both of your support or be in that crowd. Since there was nothing substantive in that personal attack nothing more needs be said. Upward and onward. Cheers.

quote:
Originally posted by emory889:

Maybe you can explain to me why you insist on picking on JD. The guy says maybe 10 to 15 words max in his posts and yet you have decided to single him out. Why? Because you think you can make yourself look good. Well the only thing you've accomplished is to make yourself look like a jack*ss.

Your whole clique theory is absurd and merely an excuse for you to continue to stand up on your soapbox and keep talking. Almost everyone here (including myself) has gotten into it with another member. Hell, Smack and I got into it over JJ Redick during the summer. If there is anyone here that seems intolerant of other peoples opinions it looks like its you. I can now see why Smack can't stand you.

Even though I have placed Magicmaninmiami on my ignore list (which I suggest everyone else do, it makes this board so much more enjoyable) I can only imagine the empty rantings that absurdly continue.

Emory, it's just not worth it. An arguement with an obnoxious irritant that refuses to consider alternative perspectives and persists with repeating the same overall tone in every thread regardless of the topic is, well, like beating a dead horse. Let's put this horse to sleep and bury him 6 feet under where not even the echos of his diatribes will be heard.

BTW, bullies typicaly pick on those individuals that refuse to defend themselves.

"Emory, it's just not worth it. An arguement with an imbecile"

Right on que as if to prove my point with the name calling. Thanks Smack. You always do prove who the bigger man is. I would think that you guys would let this thread die rather than degrade into strictly personal attacks. In case anyone ever decides to get back to actually making a point my question is still on the table -

How can anyone claim that the responsibility for motivating a young team should not be owned by the coach? It still makes no sense which is why the personal attacks are all that have come back.

quote:
Originally posted by MagicmaninMiami:

How can anyone claim that the responsibility for motivating a young team should not be owned by the coach? It still makes no sense which is why the personal attacks are all that have come back.

Most NBA coaches will tell you they can talk til they are blue in the face. Playing time are their only real tool to actually makes sure someone listens.

OMG, can people have an opinion without being ripped for it? Was the freaking PG debate not enough that we now need inner freaking turmoil over THE COACH. Seriously people, I am as big of a fan as the next guy, or girl, but ultimately it is not the biggest deal in the world. Orlando maybe, but not the world. Please for the sake of retaining ALL the quality posters, back the hell up and gain some freaking perspective.

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

Can we go back to discussing the topic now?

In deference to what is a reasonable nudge by good moderation I will only from here on discuss the issue. You have my word and I'd like to thank Ball Junkie for not getting into all that other nonsense. I still can't find where I called anyone an idiot as has been alleged but I'll again clear the air and state as I did to ball junkie I had not intention of even implying it.

quote:
Most NBA coaches will tell you they can talk til they are blue in the face. Playing time are their only real tool to actually makes sure someone listens.

Totally agree. that is why I have stated that as one way that sticking to the same players demotivates players. I consider that as you said a way of motivating players and that has not been used by BHill very often.