Sign in to follow this  
ghillforlife

A power foward that can rebound with Dwight would be good.

quote:
Originally posted by richnba:

But are they ready to start???

Battie isnt an NBA calibur starter

darko was barly ready to start... so we keep last years start. battie not a big drop off from darko.

quote:

Yea I hope your right because unless Otis can pull money out of his ***, we are gonna be stuck with these guys

Keep the faith.. I know I am... and I'm a BUCS fan of 30+ years.... Thats agonizing...LOL

Darko wasn't ready to start SQUAT.... we got a legitamite scorer to pair with our ALL STAR Center.... We have great roll players to go with it. We have nice young bigs developing. what MORE could we ask for....?????? Oberto and Elson weren't EVEN close to stars for the Spurs but they got a ring now....We'll be fine.

shelden williams may be available(Story)

chris mihm is too soft, think darko without the defense or rebounding

should have grabbed a big in the second round instead of trading picks away (aaron gray, herbert hill), to at least give augustine some competition

quote:
Originally posted by Ted Stickle:

shelden williams may be available(Story)

chris mihm is too soft, think darko without the defense or rebounding

should have grabbed a big in the second round instead of trading picks away (aaron gray, herbert hill), to at least give augustine some competition

I like the idea of shelden williams here. The article mentioned he could be a solid role player, and that's exactly what we need.

As for chris mihm? I wouldn't let him pay to be on out roster. Living out in Cali, I've seen this guys first-hand. He has size, but thats about it. He really has no clue on defense and shows nothing impressive on the offensive end.

quote:
Originally posted by Dirtdan:

quote:

Dirt dan as of right now we are very small up front and we need to fix that before teams start to ake advantage of our lack of depth

We have players to fill that roll. It's called Gortat and Augustine. They are both ready to give us minutes. Especially Gortat. He'll work WELL in a team scheme.

You say "they are both ready to give us minutes" based on what, exactly? Neither has played any significant minutes in the NBA before. This is our "master plan" for building a championship team? Wishful thinking??

Look, I wanted to see Augustine given a chance as much as anyone last year, but it's one thing to want to see someone get a chance to play, it's another to base key expectations on a total unknown.

quote:
Originally posted by ghillforlife:

This is probualy the biggest need we have since we lost out on the Darko singing.We are not getting better defensively or at rebounding by getting a player known throughout his NBA carrer for not being able to rebound or lock now his man in exchange for a solid defesive player and good rebounder.I like what rashard brings to the team and he is what we needed but now its time to fill in the next need.We need otis to make something happen to better are team from last year.We are on the right track we just need a few more pieces.

I'm reminded of when Brian Hill said "We need to improve our defense, and the offense will take care of itself."

The issue with Battie all last year was that everyone knew he didn't need to be guarded. The thing that made Darko inately more valuable to the team was that with Darko you lost little on defense(assuming you don't believe, as I do, that Darko was better), and he was enough of a threat on offense that he had to be covered.

I think Augustine is ready for a shot. But like, no more than 15 minutes a game. No one should be asking him to start right now.

Gortat, something similar, a little more. The guy thought he was ready after last year's summer league. Now after another year playing overseas and another good SL, I think he's time he had a shot at backup center.

Dwight/Battie/Gortat/Augustine (With Turk/Lewis playing spot minutes at power forward now and then)

You know, that's not the worst frontline in the world, on paper.

On a side note... if you have to pay him either way, why not just waive Garrity? At least you could possibly fill his roster slot with someone that matters. Or could matter down the road.

I wonder if Tyrus Thomas is available sence the bulls drafted Noah who is basically the same player. They seem tied up with cap space so they should want expiring contracts

I think it would be nice to have Fran over, but since he has the same agent as Darko....

Anyways, are there any defensive-minded bruisers out there? Preferably big guys that like knocking people over going for rebounds and blocks and don't really care about scoring?

Gooden wouldn't be a bad pickup (again) - good on the offensive boards and would really help Dwight sweep up any missed shots (he's good on the offensive boards).