Sign in to follow this  
rdeezy

GATORS vs. MAGIC

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

The NBA has the best players out of college from the last 10 yrs. How on Earth would a college team beat any NBA team? There is a huge difference between the 2.

Marc, I'll be happy to answer that one. The Gators have HEART and a DIE WITH YOUR BOOTS ON mentality. Bottom line, Dwight might get a 30-30 night against the Gators, but the Gators would blow the Magic out. Don't believe me, try watching them play.

Their 3 point shooters would kill our guards, something that every team does to us in every game already. Noah and Hoiford would give D12 and Darko Hell in the post (both offense & defensive sides).

No dis-respect intended but the Magic play like a college ball club. The Gators step up everygame and have the best coach in the business. Your right though, there really is no comparison. Gators would win, hands down.

bad post cuz. yeah the gators play great and the magic not so. but there is no way the gators would beat the magic, let alone ANY NBA team. i mean you look at college baseball and yes, the college teams do beat the pro teams sometimes in spring training, but you have to remember those are 2nd and 3rd rate guys on those pros teams just out of college themselves, playing for a roster spot. too much experience at the NBA level.

quote:
Originally posted by RU4 The Magic:

quote:
Originally posted by Marc Acres 3:16:

The NBA has the best players out of college from the last 10 yrs. How on Earth would a college team beat any NBA team? There is a huge difference between the 2.

Marc, I'll be happy to answer that one. The Gators have HEART and a DIE WITH YOUR BOOTS ON mentality. Bottom line, Dwight might get a 30-30 night against the Gators, but the Gators would blow the Magic out. Don't believe me, try watching them play.

Their 3 point shooters would kill our guards, something that every team does to us in every game already. Noah and Hoiford would give D12 and Darko Hell in the post (both offense & defensive sides).

No dis-respect intended but the Magic play like a college ball club. The Gators step up everygame and have the best coach in the business. Your right though, there really is no comparison. Gators would win, hands down.

I have watched the Gators, I'm a Gator's fan and I watch them whenever I have the chance. The do play hard and with a lot of heart. But let me ask you this Adam Morrison was co-player of the year last year averaging 20+ a game, how many is he averaging now at 30+ mins a game? Mateen Cleaves was one of the top PG's in college when Mich St. won the championship, how was his NBA career? Harold Minor was dubbed baby Jorden in college, how did his NBA career work out? Eric Montross? Danny Ferry? shall I go on? I love the Magic and the Gators but no way does a college team ever beat an NBA team. There is a reason that most college players don't dominate in the NBA in the same way they did in college, it's because the level of competition is SOOOO much higher. It's like saying a state championship high school team could take UCF's college team. It's a nice thought to think that the Gators heart could beat the Magic, if heart was all it took then our 99 team would have won the title.

If both teams went at it hard, there's no WAY it'd be a slaughter. The Gators play the game the right way and they'd keep it respectable. The matchups are favorable for the Gators. They have excellent depth at all positions. They have 4 future first round picks in the starting lineup and several backups that would start on 90% of college teams.

And the coaching difference would be huge. You'd expect Donovan to come up with a gameplan to neutralize the elite quickness that the Magic players would possess over the Gators. He'd find ways to make players like Ariza a non-factor.

The Magic would probably win, though.

The Magic would be playing serious because there is a sense of pride when a college team challenges you. The Magic players are more bulky, experienced, and insane to lose to a Gators team.

To tell you the truth, the Magic would win by 50-60pts. You're asking for a massacre rdeezy.

not that this is a huge deal but it somewhat of a consideration. yes the gators rain 3's....but it is a touch longer in the NBA. So are we talking playing NBA or college distance. I mean if were playing college, darko would be raining 3's cause hes taller than all the gators and can hit the occasional long jumper. theres no way. just doesnt happen. the two levels are just too different. dwight would DEMOLISH noah. i mean look at how big dwight has gotten since coming into the NBA. noah will hopefully do the same, but right now, no way. no one big enough to keep up with the magic