Sign in to follow this  
Ellzolo

NBA Offseason 2013 Thread

The giant TPE from the Dwight trade expires in about a month. Anyone thing we'll use it? Personally, I think we'll just let it expire.

The giant TPE from the Dwight trade expires in about a month. Anyone thing we'll use it? Personally, I think we'll just let it expire.

I think we will. If Turk is waived then we need to reach the floor. Assuming he only counts for 6m in cap, then we should be around 47m for the season. I don't see us making a big signing.

I think we will. If Turk is waived then we need to reach the floor. Assuming he only counts for 6m in cap, then we should be around 47m for the season. I don't see us making a big signing.

I think arenas counts in getting to the floor

So here's a question: we keep talking about the next draft as being our goal. Do we have our eyes on any of the big name free agents popping open in two years (LeBron, Carmelo, etc)?

So here's a question: we keep talking about the next draft as being our goal. Do we have our eyes on any of the big name free agents popping open in two years (LeBron, Carmelo, etc)?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say no. Not at all.

Have to remember that in order to re-sign guys like Harris or Vucevic, you'll need a decent amount of cap space. I just assume sign amid-tier piece and use the rest on maintaining the core that's being built.

I think a lot of what we do next year in free agency depends on where we pick in the draft & the development of our young guys here already.

Me personally i think we have at least 2 studs in Harris & Vucevic who will go on to be All Stars etc etc.

Now if Harkless & Oladipo also hit there potential we wont need to make a big splash at all.

If we get the number 1-3 pick next year ( hopefully the number 1 ) we are going to be in GREAT shape!

If Oladipo becomes our new PG i think that will work out even better for us.

IF we was to be in the mix for any max players it will be for PG & PF in my opinion.

I would like to go for John Wall, Kevin Love or Larmarcus Aldridge.

Alot of IFS but its exciting to know we are in good hands with Rob & Co.

The strength of the 2014 free agent class is a myth, after LeBron it falls off dramatically. Who wants to pay an ancient Pau, Dirk, Pierce or Kobe? After that you have B-tier guys like Deng and Bogut. There are some good restricted guys like Paul George but Indiana is obviously going to match no matter what.

I really don't like the 2015 class either, though Aldridge would be solid if Oladipo and whomever we get in 2014 turn out to be stars.

I'd love it if Rob made a run at Durant in 2016 but it's likely unfeasible given the rookies will be on their 2nd deals by then.

The strength of the 2014 free agent class is a myth, after LeBron it falls off dramatically. Who wants to pay an ancient Pau, Dirk, Pierce or Kobe? After that you have B-tier guys like Deng and Bogut. There are some good restricted guys like Paul George but Indiana is obviously going to match no matter what.

2015 i think is the 1 for us personally.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say no. Not at all.

This team's philosophy is building with high character guys from within. High profile highly paid free agents just don't fit the plan.

I really foresee us not acquiring a player with years under their belt. I know it sounds weird, but the approach it looks like we're taking is... drop all the older guys and start fresh. Use the draft, get some talented players that are young. That way, when we have a great team, it'll last for many years. Kinda like how the Thunder drafted. Teammates working on the same team develop chemistry and great teamwork (besides D12) and in 3-4 years, I think we'll be awesome and continue for 4-5 more. That's just how I see things but that's my opinion.