Sign in to follow this  
Ellzolo

NBA Offseason 2013 Thread

I wonder if the Clippers would tempt SVG to consider returning to coaching this season...

I would actually like to see Jerry Sloan coach this mob. I don't think it'll happen but I think it would be a good fit.

I would actually like to see Jerry Sloan coach this mob. I don't think it'll happen but I think it would be a good fit.

jv has not had the time to show what he can do.

Stan has said he may never coach again: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/blogs/open-mike/os-stan-van-gundy-magic-never-coach-again-20130523,0,5249329.post

I really really want Vaughn to work out and become a respected and successful coach but I have to say I wouldn't mind bringing Stan back in 3 or 4 years if we're in the hunt for the playoffs.

Stan has said he may never coach again: http://www.orlandose...,0,5249329.post

I really really want Vaughn to work out and become a respected and successful coach but I have to say I wouldn't mind bringing Stan back in 3 or 4 years if we're in the hunt for the playoffs.

The conspiracy theorist in me is saying he wants to see what the new commissioner (Adam Silver) will look like.

Stan has said he may never coach again: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/blogs/open-mike/os-stan-van-gundy-magic-never-coach-again-20130523,0,5249329.post

I like JV and I liked him as a college player. I really want him to do well and I think he should be given a chance with a real team and not something slapped together in the wake of Dwight destroying the franchise, BUT...

but...

I still say the best way to a championship with a young team is to get someone in the mix who has championship experience.

The conspiracy theorist in me is saying he wants to see what the new commissioner (Adam Silver) will look like.

Did he watch the lotto? That would be the easy way to see what he looks like.

The Magic have decided NOT to renew the contract of TV color commentator Matt Guokas: ht.ly/lnC3O

I saw that, just terrible. I can't see any reason why they would do this unless Matty is having health problems (and I seriously hope he's ok).

What's "it?" Um … the media … expectations … pressure … the responsibility of being a leader … the expectations of being a franchise guy … should I keep going? NBA people started questioning him during the 2008 Olympics, when he annoyed teammates and coaches for being so happy-go-lucky. He nearly fouled out of the gold-medal game against Spain, playing just 17 minutes and getting outplayed by the Gasol hermanos. (That's the biggest reason Kobe Bryant initially resisted a Dwight trade last summer; their Olympic experience soured him, leading to their famously awkward phone call that nearly derailed a possible Lakers deal.) When back surgery knocked him out of the 2012 Olympics, the USA Basketball community wasn't exactly crestfallen. As one insider told me at the time, "Now we don't have to babysit him."

http://www.grantland...g-dwight-howard

I love Bill Simmons.

• Upvote 1

Didn't Matt Goukas miss several games this season due to surgery/illness? Only reason I could see for not keeping one of the most knowledgeable, unbiased, and professional local color commentators in the country.

Who could they possibly replace Goukas with that knows as much about the history of the NBA and the Magic?