Sign in to follow this  
Ellzolo

NBA Offseason 2013 Thread

Vucevic got 4th in the run for Most Improved Player. Paul George won the award, with Greivis Vasquez as the runner-up and Larry Sanders in 3rd place.

Smart and crafty general managers like the Orlando Magic’s Rob Hennigan are really doing things so clever with the restrictions of the new Collective Bargaining Agreement that it’s like watching them play chess when they make trades and free agent acquisitions.

Hennigan in Orlando, Daryl Morey in Houston, Danny Ainge in Boston, Sam Presti in Oklahoma City—and a number of other GMs have found guys like the following list of 17 inexpensive players (some of whom later received bigger contracts, or will soon), and here’s a look at them:

1. ORL: Tobias Harris, Nikola Vucevic, Maurice Harkless (all three acquired via trades), Andrew Nicholson and Kyle O’Quinn (draft picks)
  2. HOU: James Harden (trade), Chandler Parsons (draft, trade, repurchase!) and Omer Asik/Jeremy Lin (via free agency)
  3. BOS: Jared Sullinger (draft), Courtney Lee (trade), Avery Bradley (draft);
  4. OKC: Serge Ibaka (draft), Thabo Sefolosha (trade), Kendrick Perkins (trade) and Eric Maynor (draft; now traded to Portland)—you get the Idea, I think.

The idea that so many more intelligent and creative GMs are looking at these young guys they acquire in their first few seasons in the league is not a coincidence.

http://prestointhepa...o+Magic+Blog%29

Dont laugh it makes sense for a run at Lebron if he wants to go home after his deal ends and right a wrong with cleveland and the coach. It could happen.

Yeah, I think the last thing LeBron wants is to be reunited with that clown.

• Upvote 1

Dont laugh it makes sense for a run at Lebron if he wants to go home after his deal ends and right a wrong with cleveland and the coach. It could happen.

HA!

lol at the Cavs bringing back Mike Brown. I just can't stop laughing.

Don't laugh to hard, this is exactly how other fans felt when we brought back Brian Hill! lol

The funnier part is that Kyrie's contract is for $16mil and Brown's is for "$20mil +".

I don't think that means much, Kyrie is still on his rookie deal, obviously when that deal expires he'll be getting paid a lot more than Brown.

33. Nikola Vucevic

Remember when we thought Orlando GM Rob Hennigan was woefully overmatched during the Dwight Howard debacle? Fine, I thought it. But Hennigan improbably rebuilt Orlando on the fly, flipping Howard for Vucevic (the league's third-leading rebounder at age 22), Arron Afflalo (I'm still a fan even if he couldn't make 3s this season) and rookie Mo Harkless, then flipping an expiring contract (Redick) for no. 41 on this list (Harris). Even better, the tanking Magic covertly grabbed pole position in the Nerlens Noel On Crutches But Who Cares? Sweepstakes after the idiot Bobcats unbelievably won their last three games. Great job by Hennigan all the way around. In other news, Otis Smith just bought $65 of gas for $238.

The second part of Simmon's 50 players with best trade value is available.

http://www.grantland...de-value-part-2

It's certainly a possibility that LeBron might want to go home. But if he opts out then I think the Lakers could be serious contenders for his signature. Kobe said last summer that he saw himself playing for two more seasons (2012-13 and 2013-14). In 2014 Bryant's contract expires, as does Pau Gasol's, Metta World Peace, Steve Blake, and Jordan Hill. Becoming a part of the next era in Lakers' basketball might appeal more to LeBron than going home to Cleveland. But I guess bringing a championship to Cleveland could help heal some wounds he opened by the way he left, and he can retire having delivered what he went there to deliver in the first place.

I don't think that means much, Kyrie is still on his rookie deal, obviously when that deal expires he'll be getting paid a lot more than Brown.

That doesn't stop it from being hilarious.