Sign in to follow this  
Ellzolo

NBA Offseason 2013 Thread

I think the Ronnie Price signing is definitely for the veteran leadership/locker room presence. Assuming we get rid of Hedo and Al, our only other vets are Jameer, Arron, and Glen. You cant have a team with just young players, you need to have at least a few vets to guide the team especially when going through a losing stretch.

Plus this deal is only 1 year fully guaranteed for the vet minimum and I dont think he'll really play that much, so I have no problem with this signing whatsoever.

Maybe Henny's got a deal in the works for a starting PG?

How do you get "deal in works for starting PG" from "signing Ronnie Price"?

With the potential of getting Ronnie Price as a 3rd string PG what is going to be the PG line up? Nelson, Moore, Price? I know it was an experiment in summer league to put VO in PG spot but I would much rather he was our starting SG.

If Moore plays PG this year things have gone incredibly wrong.

So, hypothetical trade scenario for if we want to end the tank and get competitive again while maintaining cap space for next offseason:

Tobias Harris, Big Baby, trade exception, better of the two 2015 first rounders to Portland, in exchange for:

LaMarcus Aldridge and Earl Watson in two separate deals.

Aldridge wants out of Portland, and they can get better short term and long term with this trade, giving them a potential star at a position where all they have is Batum, and a playoff tested front court (replacement) player in Big Baby, plus a likely lotto pick in 2015 via philly's pick.

Orlando runs:

Nelson/Oladipo

Oladipo/Harkless/AA

Harkless/AA

Aldridge/Nicholson/Oquinn

Nik/Oquinn

plus 2014 first rounder...

Why or why not?

Why would we do that trade at this point? Harris played like a young stud with us last year and is still on his rookie deal. Adding Aldridge wouldn't make us a contender but would ensure we don't get a top pick next year.

• Upvote 2

Not quite sure what the beef with E'twaun Moore is on this board. Like Oladipo he's not a natural PG but he wasn't THAT bad for a 2nd year player playing on a team with no elite go to players.

Just a little background information on Ronnie Price

Enjoy it, seems like he will be a great mentor for the young guys!

• Upvote 1

Just a little background information on Ronnie Price

Enjoy it, seems like he will be a great mentor for the young guys!

Good Video