Sign in to follow this  
Ellzolo

NBA Offseason 2013 Thread

So Oklahoma City traded James Harden for one season of Kevin Martin, Jeremy Lamb and Steven Adams..

OOOPS LOL

Our PG position has been a sore spot for a long time.

Whats left:

Devin Harris, Jannero Pargo, Marco Belineli, Darren Collinson, Jarret Jack to name a few. I would like to go for some of these guys as a reinsurance.. but it might not fit well into the future plans of next year. Maybe we take a shot in the SL to find that reinsurance PG at a cheaper rate and low risk move.

Could strategically move the team into a position to draft our next franchise PG.

Well I think Devin Harris and Jarrett Jack wouldn't want to come into Orlando just to be Nelson's backup. I'd rather bring in a younger guy who's just happy to be on a roster but is capable of doing a decent job at the point. I'm thinking more of like a Collison, Beaubois, or Beverly. Who knows though, E'twaun Moore might make great strides and could possibly be pretty solid after a year under his belt with the Magic.

I think it's no secret at this point we're aiming to draft Marcus Smart next year.

Possibly.... Hopefully he survives the year in tact. But what do we in the mean time is the bigger question. Do we dip into FA or look into undrafted players in the Summer League.

I have to believe that OKC will make a play for AA. Makes too much sense now.

He doesn't really give them anything they don't already have with Sefolosha.

He doesn't really give them anything they don't already have with Sefolosha.

Sure he does ... he can score and pass. Right now, OKC doesn't have a 3rd scorer.

Sure he does ... he can score and pass. Right now, OKC doesn't have a 3rd scorer.

With Durant and Westbrook, any other guard is relegated to spot-up shooting.(He wasn't very good at that last year.) AA's not a go to scorer or playmaker either, so he can't fit any kind of Harden role. I don't see him as a 3rd scorer for OKC, just more of what they don't need.

Kind of glad Bledsoe is gone. The thought of investing long term money in him to be the point guard of the future was incredibly depressing. What's his career been so far? The 4th or 5th best player on teams that have failed living up to expectations since his year at UK? The Clippers are loaded now though. Dudley was a sneaky good acquisition.

I'm fine with Jameer and Moore letting Vic and Lamb run some point as well. Also would like to see if Harris can be a playmaker.

And Marcus Smart isn't going to seem like a prize if these high school kids live up to the hype. Harrsion and Hill should both be better.

If Calathes is interested in coming back state-side, a 2nd round flyer on him I think would be a good gamble. Playmaking was never his issue at UF and that was with some absolutely atrocious teammates (Parsons before he could do anything other than dunk and Marreese Speights).