Sign in to follow this  
richnba

The race to the lottery

quote:
Originally posted by star_phenom35:

lol dont be... It only makes sense to stay a gain experience and a bit more skills because they can only get better and the 1st & 2nd draft positions arent going anywhere

Maybe not now, but one serious injury from now they're gone. A guaranteed huge payday will be very tempting.

I tend to the side of both of them declaring this year.

Question: If we retain our pick this year(I.E. it's a top 5 pick), do we give up a later pick to Detroit, or is the deal done? Also, why don't we have a pick next year?

quote:

lol dont be... It only makes sense to stay a gain experience and a bit more skills because they can only get better and the 1st & 2nd draft positions arent going anywhere

They could continue to get better but their is always the fear of injuries that could hurt their stock. I don't know what their financial situations are like but several million dollars never hurts either. Both of their teams have a good shot of going all the way. I think Oden will definitely leave and depending on what happens in the tourney I think Durant goes too. Actually Noah, Hortford, and Julian Wright are probably all gone as well.

quote:
Originally posted by Drunk on Mystery:

quote:

Maybe not now, but one serious injury from now they're gone. A guaranteed huge payday will be very tempting.

I tend to the side of both of them declaring this year.

Question: If we retain our pick this year(I.E. it's a top 5 pick), do we give up a later pick to Detroit, or is the deal done? Also, why don't we have a pick next year?

We do have a pick next year but only if we dont get in the top 5 in the lottery this year... This year is top 5 protected so i say just get it over with because the better players are coming out next year. If we do get a top 5 then next year's pick automatically goes to detroit no matter what position it is.

ok, getting durant is interesting, maybe even worth missing the playoffs again. man, if we could get durant, sign billups and resign darko and a real coach...woah!!! imagine that...MAGIC!!!!!!!!

PG Billups/Nelson/Diener

SG Ariza/Nelson/Reddick

SF Durant/Ariza/Hill

PF Mili?i?/Battie/Augustine

C Howard/Battie/Gortat

COACH: ???? (maybe phil jackson resigns as a lakers coach :P ok i'm dreamin)

ORLANDO MAGIC, THE BEST TEAM IN HISTORY!!!!!!

Ive prettymuch given up on this team,it's horrible watching them play after last nights loss to the bobcats,ive officially given up,it doesnt get easier than that. If we do get a good pick,we should trade it and get a true pg,anyone ever heard of Andre Miller? Trade the pick to philly along with arroyo,for Andre Miller.

if oden and durant don't declare..i my opinion they are simply retarded, i know they have their own minds and values, but 1. look what happened to noah...if he declared last year he was a top 3 pick but his stock has plumeted 2. there are injuries and especially for oden..they must realise this 3. will playing players half as good as you are make you better?, especially oden, how many 7 footers is he gonna face in a college basketball game? 4. the money does a hell of a lot of talking

they have to declare

quote:
Originally posted by Erik:

If we do get a good pick,we should trade it and get a true pg,anyone ever heard of Andre Miller? Trade the pick to philly along with arroyo,for Andre Miller.

if we can't get billups i'd love to see miller playing for the magic. but i wouldn't trade a top5 pick for him. carlos, pat (2 expiring deals), fran and maybe a 2nd rounder should be enough.

if we get the 1st pick overall, pick oden and trade him for durant and maybe a future 1st rounder. with the 2nd pick draft durant, with the 5th pick take thaddeus young.

There is absolutely no chance that Oden or Durant stays in college another year. Too much money, too much risk for injury... Plus, you never know how next year's draft will play out. Ask J. Noah, he probably would have been a top-2 pick last year, he'll be lucky to be a top-6 this year. That's a lot of money left on the table.

Look at Matt Leinart, he lost at least 10 million in guaranteed NFL money by staying in college just one more year.