Sign in to follow this  
ball junkie

Otis still wants to keep Darko! (Denton blog)

Keeping Hedo to come off the bench behind Lewis would be amazing.

When Lewis would sit for a breather, we would effectivley have no drop off in production from that position, since Hedo is a scorer also.

And with Hedo's ability to play the 2, it'd also give us an oppourtunity to play Lewis and Hedo side by side (along with Lewis and Reddick), and with Dwight dominating the inside, we could just completely RACK UP the points from the outside.

quote:
Originally posted by EnFuego:

That is good to hear. Very good explanation from Otis that showed alot more class than Cornstein.

How enfuego? I ain't seeing no class here. I mean honestly I need an explanation and I promise to be open to listening it.

Heres what really bothers me

``I

quote:
Originally posted by MagicNoles:

turk comming off the bench would be GREAT. Hes ALWAYS excelled in that roll and even said he preferred to come off the bench if he still gets his minutes...

Just a quick correction...

Hedo never said that he preffered... What he said was that he didn't mind coming off the bench as long as he gets his minutes.

I think there is a difference between the two.

Denton is mopping the floor with Schmitz right now. Brian is down on one knee, and Denton is getting ready to "finish him" (motal combat).

Big ups to Brevard county and the Florida Today. This has to be embarressing for the Sentinel.

1 more post makes 1,000. I am going to make it one that none of you soon forget.

quote:
Originally posted by Nell2ThaIzzay:

It's starting to make sense to me.

Orlando puts that offer to Milicic, so that -IF- they don't get Rashard, or anyone else, they get to keep Milicic, guaranteed. The signing of Lewis, however, means they need more cap space, so they pull Milicic's offer, giving Orlando the space it needs to sign Lewis come July 11th, while working out a sign & trade to free up enough cap space to resign Milicic (keeping the "bird" rights so that they can still have some claim on him)

However, when the offer was pulled, Cornstein got all offended and butt hurt, and called out Smith. The problem is, you can't always show your hand, even when you ARE trying to work with someone, because Smith has the best interests of the Magic in mind, where Cornstein has the best interests of Cornstein in mind. They might try to work together, but it's for different goals. Smith can't show his full hand to Cornstein.

Quite frankly, I'm not upset about the situation at all. I'd like to keep Milicic if possible, but not at the expense of Lewis. And if it's Lewis OR Milicic, then I choose Lewis. Because Milicic is still a project, he's nothing more than "potential" at this point. Rashard isn't "potential", he IS an All-Star. No, he might not be the calibur of star like T-Mac, or Ray Allen, or someone like that. But he is a bonafied all-star, someone who is an instant upgrade to our team, someone who is a go to guy, that we've desperatley needed. Milicic is a "maybe he'll work out" guy.

I'd rather have the for sure thing.

So if we lose Milicic, I won't be too upset about it. Though I would like to see if we can keep him.

Well said, and it is good to know that many do get the "BIG" pitcure. I would love for Darko to come back..yes indeed, but not if it cost Lewis! I would want to see the Darko under a system that is of this century, and one that the players are able to function in!

One other key point that everyone seems to miss was , if Darko signed that qualifying offer at anytime, that would have killed the Lewis deal...as reported by ESPN!!!! So Otis had to pull the offer to clear the way for Lewis and hopefully a S&T..Good post!

quote:
Originally posted by Nyce_1:

I hope Corn-ball listens.

Just to let you all know, I've spoke to Darko and he said he wants to play in Orl. He also told me he might be firing his agent.

Don't tell me your an "Insider".....

Stan Van Gundy can't reach Darko, but you can?

Please tell me your joking..

quote:
Originally posted by WPMagic:

Junkie has been on fire today!

I am "really anxious" for all this business stuff to be over so we can finally see what we've got!

Thanks man.(lol)

quote:
Originally posted by Nell2ThaIzzay:

Keeping Hedo to come off the bench behind Lewis would be amazing.

When Lewis would sit for a breather, we would effectivley have no drop off in production from that position, since Hedo is a scorer also.

And with Hedo's ability to play the 2, it'd also give us an oppourtunity to play Lewis and Hedo side by side (along with Lewis and Reddick), and with Dwight dominating the inside, we could just completely RACK UP the points from the outside.

One question....Since you don't think we'll have any drop of in production with Lewis on the bench, WHY DID WE SPEND SO MUCH ON LEWIS? IF YOU FEEL TURK IS AS GOOD WHY PAY SO MUCH TO DUPLICATE TALENT...

quote:
Originally posted by djmase20:

1 more post makes 1,000. I am going to make it one that none of you soon forget.

We are all anticipating it so please don't delay!

quote:
Ifu read between the lines, the Magic had an offwer on the table for Darko at 6.8 million, apparently Darkos agent didnt accept it, I think we are seeing the bigger picture now.

Rich, we always knew that. Whats new in that? The QO was on the table and wasn't taken, I don't see any bigger picture in what was already known. Otis' comments more or less confirm what Cornstein was saying. Otis didn't communicate. This hiding your hand thing is fine if you are in negotiations not when you are making a restricted free agent that you want an unrestricted free agent. Sounds like Otis has a real attitude problem with the agent. However like it or not he's Darko's agent. You need to handle the business better. Still hope he has more to say because that revelation only shows Otis being arrogant and Cornstein having a good point. There was every reason to discuss with Darko what the process was. IF we had we would have been in a better position to not tick him off as much and therefore resign him easier and for less.