Sign in to follow this  
djmase20

Otis gets torched on FoxSports.com

Otis i understand and support you. When we are winning next year they will trying to jump on the magic wagon and i will be kick them off the joy ride. Darko can walk with 10mil IMO. 7-8 tops

Amen Blackhennie, we are gonna hear these people in December talkin about how JJ hit a last second three to win the game and how great a draft pick he was, then they are gonna say how great a pick up rashard lewis is when he gets 27 ppg, then they are gonna say how Otis Smith should be EOY... Just wait and see people

Exactly. This is the kinda thing you talk about 20-25 games into the season. Give the man some time.

He said it himself: He doesn't know what Otis is thinking.

THEN ****!

quote:
Originally posted by DustinMyselfOff:

quote:
Originally posted by chosen12:

I don't know if this has been posted already, but isn't it ironic that just yesterday, Fox sports rated all of the trades so far, and only the Magic came away with an A-. This is why I struggle with their reporting! Go Otis!! Go Magic!!!

Did it mention Darko becoming UR in that article?

No not at all, I will look for the article. It was posted online and It was on my msn home page titled winners and losers!

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by DustinMyselfOff:

quote:

I don't know if this has been posted already, but isn't it ironic that just yesterday, Fox sports rated all of the trades so far, and only the Magic came away with an A-. This is why I struggle with their reporting! Go Otis!! Go Magic!!!

Did it mention Darko becoming UR in that article?

No not at all, I will look for the article. It was posted online and It was on my msn home page titled winners and losers!

Well if they had included that they might not have given them an A- ... maybe they would have downgraded them... heh heh heh get it? "Downgraded"? "A-"?

I wonder what this a@@ said when Orlando signed an unproven T.McGrady to the max deal? He turned out alright.

And claiming that the Magic won't have money next year to dip into free agency..Doesn't Garrity's 3.8, Dooling's 3.5 & Arroyo's 4 mil come off the books next season? that to me adds up to 11.3 off the books?

quote:
Originally posted by djmase20:

wow... Otis really gets his balls handed to him in a sling in this one...

quote:

With some NBA general managers, you don't even wonder what they are thinking.

You wonder if they are thinking.

I'm talking about you, Otis Smith. And you, Kevin McHale. And to a lesser extent, I'm talking about you, too, Danny Ainge. (I know what Ainge is thinking. I just think it's foolish.)

Smith, the Orlando general manager, must think he "won" this year's free-agent sweepstakes. After all, he signed Rashard Lewis, the biggest name on the market. But Smith might regret that

Michael Rosenberg is an idiot. Even I figured that Otis probably was just keeping his cards close to his vest with a poker face. If he can do a sign and trade, he will, but it may not be possible. He wants to keep Darko.

I disagree with putting all the blame on otis smith GM remember he has a new coach/and owners who want anew stadium.-make peace with darko and agent. jj may yet become scorer we need. wait a year. if we spend money it should be on point gaurd that can 0rcastrate the game an tempo of play.know pointguards are hard to find but 75mil should get someone interested. if you let darko,jj,turko,aroyo go your going to lose alot of fan base. i believe even though we didnt go deep in the playoffs orlando likes this team we need help in spots but we dont need lewis at that pay besides howard might decide to go to lax for a piece of that pie like shaqe did an get that celebrety money we cant give him better keep darko.