Sign in to follow this  
Courtskils

JJ Redicks day has arrived

This is my prediction for next year: After refusing to pass the ball to him, Jameer will get k.o. by lewis, then Howard will engage in a fight with Lewis and the season will be very exciting, i just can't wait.And then Knappy and Ibonedteribell will engage in another argument about what if CArlos instead of Jameer was the one that was responsible for the team's debacle..

he's a gym rat. he'll get his chance. im not worried about his health though.

but, i will be kinda upset if he's in the sign and trade. that would be like what the charlotte hornets used to do. draft people, and trade them or just let them walk after their rookie contract is up.

quote:
Originally posted by Blackhennie:

jj will be a very good player, jeff hernesack type player.

A very nice comparison..... I've never seen a team put Jeff Hornacek down as a player because he was an unathletic White boy who couldn't play Defense. He started at the 2 guard for how many years and averaged almost 20 points a game. JJ has the ability, the smarts AND the swagger to be a star in this league. Measurables are just WAY too over-rated.

We would be great defensive team with nelson,jj,and lewis starting.With Darko probably gone and Toni probably starting again D12 would be the only one playing defense.Guys give me a break.

quote:
Originally posted by Voltaire:

This is my prediction for next year: After refusing to pass the ball to him, Jameer will get k.o. by lewis, then Howard will engage in a fight with Lewis and the season will be very exciting, i just can't wait.And then Knappy and Ibonedteribell will engage in another argument about what if CArlos instead of Jameer was the one that was responsible for the team's debacle..

Voltaire, you picked the right name to match your witty sarcasm, touche, Monsieur.

If our team remains the same, here is the team I want to see starting:

PG: Keyon

SG: JJ

SF: Rashard

PF: Trevor (like Marion)

C: Dwight

Defense is a mind set and the whole team must believe it. San Antonio had 1 great perimeter defender, JJ is no worse than Paker and Ginobli and Finley at this stage in his career at defense, its about keep teams out of the paint, if you can do that, you will be successful. Just funnel everything to D-12 and everything will be okay

Will Jameer Nelson learn to be a true pass first PG? 

I think he will. He will also have to become better at choosing the right shot. It would be difficult to justify taking bad shots when JJ and Rashard are on the floor looking to score.

Hmmm ..... JJ was on the floor looking to score last season. What makes you think this one will be any different? Face it, Jameer is just plain selfish. I just hope SVG doesn't let him get away with it all season like the last coach did.