Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Official Game Thread: Magic Vs Houston

Its getting close to the end of the season...so I'll come to a near conclusion.

E'Twaun Moore seems like he's very unlikely to develop. He's progression flat lined after coming of an injury. Its even had some dips. His shooting and passing is just unreliable. The only thing great that comes with him is his size at point, so-so shooting at the three point line, and his forty percent floater. While analyzing him move on court, he lacks explosion and quickness. Handles are completely important if he's going to be a point or shooting guard. Currently, E'Twaun more is playing like a decent third string player.

DeQuan Jones can dunk. This seems to be the only thing that is going for him. So far...not much of any improvement game to game. His shooting is abysmal and thankfully he rarely handles the ball. The best thing he can improve on is isometrics, offensive awareness, and shooting motions.

Kyle O'Quinn seems to be coming along however I've rarely seem him play decent minutes. In a abundance of minutes, he tends to foul too often. He has an NBA body but needs definition. His post isometrics are basic. We need advanced.

Its not difficult at all to see that Lamb is the equivalent of Ish Smith. He's probably even worse. I don't even believe he's deserved his minutes. With his play, he hasn't taken full advantage of his opportunity. Maybe I'm being to hard on him..but with the bar that Harkless and Harris has set, there is simply no excuse. I've seen him barrel to the basket committing offensive fouls off making wrong decisions. Also, he doesn't know how to shoot. If an NBA player air-balls a WIDE OPEN...floater.......that says it all. An experienced player knowing their game would have laid the ball in off the backboard or banked it off the block. He doesn't seem to know what he's suppose to be doing out there and it appears that. This is most likely a psychological issue in confidence similar to what I've seen in Josh McRoberts.

Nicholson has an advanced post game. Nicholson's post game is probably even more advanced than that of Dwight Howard. The mid range shot that he displays still lacks respect and its efficiency is moderate at best. Physical structure is an issue and contract money can solve that. Developing more muscle mass would help Nicholson defend better but currently he's a stationary light pole.

Nikola Vucevic has not been himself lately This could have been a result of the JJ trade as JJ was a great basketball mind on and off the court. Energy is what I look to see in him on defense but Vucevic can't help but be weak out there. Watching power forwards and centers toil with Vucevic's lack of width, strength, athleticism, and defensive awareness sparks up recent memories of the defensive juggernaut of our distant past.

Vucevic and Nicholson better use their lifetime supply of food and vitamins that their contract guarantees along with having the resource of the Amway Center's training facilities. If these could both enhance their physique and polish there defensive games, they'd be phenomenal players. They should both develop their face up skills as well.

Mo Harkless and Tobias Harris have shown the potential of becoming All-Stars. If not both, one of them should be. If neither of these guys achieve this status, I will believe that they developed a contentment with being what they currently are or it was a series of unfortunate circumstances. It happens.

Looking at Mo Harkless tonight, his three point shooting is improving. Harkless seems to receive most of his fouls off drives or off of his teammates not being good enough on defense. Decision making for Harkless has shown dramatic improvement. Earlier in the season, there was a tendency of Harkless to have one spectacular play immediately followed by a rookie mistake. Now, he seems to be flowing through the games. I'm really excited for his future with this ball club. Harkless noticeable been putting on weight strength. So far, I believe its ball handling and efficiency on scoring will be what he needs.

Tobias Harris game sometimes resembles that of Lebron James and Carmelo Anthony. I'm not going overboard and saying that he will become these players but with I"m observing, he could be great. I've watched some videos on tube and he seems to work hard with his own personal trainer who he's very close with. Examining his current conditioning/physique, there is no doubt that he will be a pretty huge durable player. His handles are superb for a guy of his size.

With the Magic, he's been shooting a ridiculous percentage and his efficiency rating has been too high; 27.1. The statistics will level out as the sample size becomes the actual product size but as of right now, you cannot deny these facts of his statistics. He's been on every end and on every play. Harris tends to have great timing being in the right place right time for rebounds, offensive rebounds, and almost always the first person to never give up after the team turns the ball over in half court. As he receives the ball, it seems as if he doesn't want to give it back up. That my friends is confidence in your game...which could also be selfishness. If he turns to be a player who makes his teammates better, I as being the catalyst to the offense.

I'm a big fan of efficiency and high efficiency in a facets of the game that helps the player and his team creates great players. So far, I'm on the Harkless/Harris who "Pick and Fart" enlightened me to name this duo.......DH (Double H). All the others just mentioned need to seize the day. Truly, I may be expecting too much out of these players but shouldn't they expect the best out of themselves?

• Upvote 3

Nothing new, but Bucks forum on Realgm is going absolutely NUTS. Tobias thread had now surpassed 1400 posts, and 20,000 views. Ha

Reading that forum...shows me much more about Harris' character and I'm getting positives out of it.

I was very impressed by Harkless and Harris. Both are beginning to show signs that they can have a long term future with this team. Vuceivic played ok as well, but like others have said, he needs to bulk a bit but that'll come in time.

As a frame - c, vuceivic; f, harkless; f, Harris - I think we'vegot three players, that if developed correctly, could become a decent starting unit. It will be exciting to see how they push on from here on.

Its not difficult at all to see that Lamb is the equivalent of Ish Smith. He's probably even worse. I don't even believe he's deserved his minutes. With his play, he hasn't taken full advantage of his opportunity. Maybe I'm being to hard on him..but with the bar that Harkless and Harris has set, there is simply no excuse. I've seen him barrel to the basket committing offensive fouls off making wrong decisions. Also, he doesn't know how to shoot. If an NBA player air-balls a WIDE OPEN...floater.......that says it all. An experienced player knowing their game would have laid the ball in off the backboard or banked it off the block. He doesn't seem to know what he's suppose to be doing out there and it appears that. This is most likely a psychological issue in confidence similar to what I've seen in Josh McRoberts.

Nikola Vucevic has not been himself lately This could have been a result of the JJ trade as JJ was a great basketball mind on and off the court. Energy is what I look to see in him on defense but Vucevic can't help but be weak out there. Watching power forwards and centers toil with Vucevic's lack of width, strength, athleticism, and defensive awareness sparks up recent memories of the defensive juggernaut of our distant past.

Agree with just about everything in your post, including the above. I am ok with Lamb at this point since he is a rookie who has not recd much playing time yet in the NBA. Spent most of this season in the D league if I am not mistaken. Give him the offseason and maybe some time with AA and Nelson to see if he shows improvements in his game.

Vuch will be fine, he had a poor game or two

Oh, and Harris, not sure what to say. The guy went out and posted a career high in points in his 4th game with the Magic. Miss JJ, but Harris has the potential to make me ask "JJ who?" next season.

It's hard not to like what we've seen so far from Harris. Wonder if Hark can adjust to the SG position?

I think he can for stints and it appears that Harris can handle the 4, so Harkless can still log most his minutes at SF. Harris should actually be starting over Nicholson at PF IMO.

Oh how we are so quick for the hot item.

No. Leave Harris coming off the bench. It's about minutes, not who's starting. Let him continue to develop. He is going to have a stinker at some point guys.

Let Nicholson continue to develop. He is just as important to our future core as Harkless, Vuc, and Harris are. You have to manage this situation delicately. Rewatching the Tobey highlights, you could see Afflalo going all Big Baby everytime Harris did something good. It surprises me, because Afflalo is a pro, and has always been a "team guy". I think him being the highest paid vet right now who is actually playing, and thinking he's Kobe, has made him forget his role. It's really discouraging.

Anywho, Harkless and Nich are just fine starting. Nicholson had 17 on 7-8 shooting in under 17 minutes. Dude has probably one of the best post games...or hell...offensive games in the league. Especially at the 4. You don't just sit him or cut his minutes because Harris is here now. Same goes for Hark. These guys are gaining confidence and nothing is more valuable as a rookie as confidence. Especially for a guy like Harkless who's offense is improving every game.

Harris will get his. If anything, the veterans need to realize there is nothing owed to them simply because they've been in the league longer. Especially Afflalo, who should know what it's like being a late pick and having to earn his minutes and shots. And this isn't a personal thing, because I've defended Afflalo and like him as a player. Just has rubbed me the wrong way as of late. He's taken his efficient offensive game and tries to do WAAAAAY too much. Dribbling forever, chucking up bad shots, wild drives through the lane. Just silly nonsense.

But seriously though, rewatch the highlights:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RO5_YPE6j3g

Afflalo is ready for the ball before even crossing halfcourt. It's troubling.