Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2024 Playoffs Thread: Round 1 Game 5 Magic @ Cavs 04/30 8PM ET

Paolo was great. He still has the dumb turnover or the poor shot every once in a while. That airball three was pretty untimely.

I wish Suggs could play great defense AND play under control on offense. In the 1st quarter, he was missing open shots left and right. Paulo also came out early playing anxious ball. Our slow starts illuminate just how young we are.

Oh and can we bench Cole yet? Dude has been horrendous in this series. Coming into tonight, his averages were 22% FG and 11% 3PT for the series.

3 minutes ago, harryfromphilly said:

Right on Jay    I agree    walking away from this not happy but content

i think if we win strong at home, it is no where near a guarantee we lose game 7

this will be a good team once the little mistakes get sorted

I am fully convinced that we will blow them out again at home in game 6. And after battling tonight and losing by a point I think our confidence has grown a little now that we can get it done on the road. I think we take game 7 as well and win this series. In my opinion we beat ourselves in the 3 losses in Cleveland more than the Cavs beat us. We straighten out the turnovers, missed ft's, and make a couple more 3's and we got this.

15 minutes ago, Time2GetSerious said:

I am fully convinced that we will blow them out again at home in game 6. And after battling tonight and losing by a point I think our confidence has grown a little now that we can get it done on the road. I think we take game 7 as well and win this series. In my opinion we beat ourselves in the 3 losses in Cleveland more than the Cavs beat us. We straighten out the turnovers, missed ft's, and make a couple more 3's and we got this.

this right here .... thats the recipe.. the winning recipe!

Also, while it sucks to lose. We now know without a shadow of a doubt Paolo is that dude. The shotmaking in the 4th quarter was incredible. Franz made a good read and had a step, and it was a hell of a defensive play by Mobley, but Paolo needed to be the one with the ball in his hands in that moment.

• Like 1

Tough loss. Damn i feel like we needed this.. We are the better team, but i think we are too young. We tend to get nervous.. We really had another nervous start again.. 

The loss comes down to mistimed Timeouts, missed free throws and a mix of hero ball late.. 

I can’t really stress enough about the mistiming of Timeouts though.. It’s always like 2-5 points too late.. Good example, end of 3rd quarter. you take the timeout 1 minute earlier and you probably don’t give up at least 3 points there. Instead of taking a timeout with -3 and really had nothing going, he takes a timeout with 40 sec left and down -8…

Those are game defining moments. 

Harris and Suggs missing all their 3s hurt us. Missed FTs as a team. Not taking advantage of Allen’s injury…let’s get game 6 and we still have good Chances to advance 

I don't really have any major criticisms. Boys battled and we lost by 1 on the road. Tough to take but I'm proud of the effort. 

Only thing is I think we made a mistake on that last Franz possession. We don't want to play OT on the road, go for 3 there and maybe you win the game, Paolo was open on the pop when Franz came off the screen. 

Paolo is actually him. Just wish he mixed in getting to the rim a little more, when he's cooking it looks so pretty but it doesn't necessarily look easy.