Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2024 Playoffs Thread: Round 1 Game 4 Cavs Vs Magic 04/27 1PM ET

1 minute ago, Time2GetSerious said:

It's far from over. A 9-point deficit can be erased very quickly. They had their fun in the first half. After various adjustments and us protecting the basketball, we come out and dominate in the second half. The series will head back to Cleveland tied up at 2.

I really hope so, but unless the team's discipline was just a late arrival to the arena and not out with injury, I just don't see it.  We look just like we did in Game 1, hoping to draw fouls that just aren't going to get called, and then we just crumble.  I really hope I'm wrong.

Just now, Crazyhorse81 said:

Jay are we watching the same game?  Maybe my stream is behind or something.  I'm seeing a team that has more turnovers than assists (more turnovers than FTA too) and a defense giving up over 56% from the field.  We're playing undisciplined and look more like Games 1 & 2 than Game 3.  Can you share what makes you think *this* team, as it's currently constructed, is going to do a 180 in the second half?

I said we're ahead of where I thought we were, but we're not *there* yet.  Still things that need to be addressed.

being down by 9 at halftime and you've basically given up... 

listen we are all fans.. you're entitled to your say of course but to say the games probably over is just a soft mentality 

we stop the turnovers and i like our chances massively 

Okay, we're down by 9 at halftime, but we can come back to win this game. It's doable.

I know it's the playoffs, but in a game during the regular season, the Magic was down by 12 at halftime and came back to win the game.

Not8Fp.gif

1 minute ago, Crazyhorse81 said:

I really hope so, but unless the team's discipline was just a late arrival to the arena and not out with injury, I just don't see it.  We look just like we did in Game 1, hoping to draw fouls that just aren't going to get called, and then we just crumble.  I really hope I'm wrong.

It's all about adjustments. Once made we will be just fine.

Just now, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Okay, we're down by 9 at halftime, but we can come back to win this game. It's doable.

I know it's the playoffs, but in a game during the regular season, the Magic was down by 12 at halftime and came back to win the game.

Not8Fp.gif

YESSSSSSS!!!! Never stop BELIEVING!!!

Just now, Jay Magic said:

being down by 9 at halftime and you've basically given up... 

listen we are all fans.. you're entitled to your say of course but to say the games probably over is just a soft mentality 

we stop the turnovers and i like our chances massively 

How many times has this happened this season?  You're throwing a HUGE *if* into the equation and acting like it's a given.  Yeah and if we don't miss a shot the rest of the game, or if we don't give up a single rebound, or if all of the Cavs players drink spiked gatorade and end up too sick to keep playing, I like our chances massively too. 

Unfortunately, it doesn't work that way.  Just from what I've seen, we start the game undisciplined, we usually finish that way too.  Maybe someone left our discipline in the locker room and we find it stuffed in Admiral Schofield's bag during halftime?  Here's to hoping.

• Downvote 1

5 minutes ago, Sumike4ya said:

And free throws?

The Cavs are getting the benefit of the whistle on their end but when we get fouled the refs swallow their whistle. If they would call the game evenly we wouldn’t have such a big free throw discrepancy between the 2 teams. That’s basically the difference in the game right now and the fact we are making silly turnovers. 

We can't get like Russ did last night throwing Luka around and clubbing a guy in the head while heading in for layup..he also punched someone and shoved a ref! All because of FRUSTRATION. Players and fans can get frustrated. But that doesn't mean that we should ever stop believing.