Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2024 NBA Playoff Thread

3 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

It helps to draft/add guys who are ready to play… and who can already shoot.

AMEN!!!! Miami had 23 3-pointers with about a minute left. That's twenty three..23!! If we were just a decent team from distance we would have won the first two games. I mean it's great to play solid defense. But eventually you need players who can put the ball in the basket. 

4 hours ago, Jamesdin said:

if you are hitting franchise record threes, you better win.

gut honestly, these guys can really shoot and plays hard on D.

I think if we can hit at least 12 3-pointers it will result in a victory. I have a feeling we will score between 105-110 points in the game. How does a 107-98 Magic victory sound? To me it would be sweet music to my ears!

14 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

If the Suns flame out again with this old core, I wonder if they blow it up. If Booker goes on the block are we interested?

Sign me up for Booker!

Bill Simmons mentioned Paul George for us in free agency recently also. 

1 hour ago, MagicMan1979 said:

Sign me up for Booker!

It's a delicate move to bring in another star. It has the potential to affect Paolo and Franz's long term development if the star demands a lot of touches. Since our guys are still on the upswing and haven't peaked yet I don't think Weltman would bring in a Booker type for next year. Maybe a few years down the road. 

I really think we're going to go for a starting PG that can score and distribute/put the guys in good position to take easier more open shots.  We so need less 1 on 1 play.

5 hours ago, MagicMan1979 said:

Sign me up for Booker!

I’d love PG here

21 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

It helps to draft/add guys who are ready to play… and who can already shoot.

Also having a great coaching staff. And a management that constantly make moves to try to improve instead of evaluating-sleeping.

I'm out on Russell too. Not because he missed shots. If that were the case I'd be out on Cole Anthony, Joe Ingles, Gary Harris, Markelle Fultz etc after the first 2 playoff games. I'm out on him because of the not joining in the huddle stuff. 

That's just not the type of character this team needs or wants. This is a close group who pull for each other. Maybe, maybe, there's an argument that the culture here is so strong it'll pull guys along with it and get guys to buy in. But I'm not really willing to put that to the test with such a young group. 

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

Maybe, maybe, there's an argument that the culture here is so strong it'll pull guys along with it and get guys to buy in. But I'm not really willing to put that to the test with such a young group. 

Totally Agree    I remember a time before Brian Hill got canned and Brian Shaw used to pull this ****.    Sitting in the corner on the floor during huddles    Hated it then   Hate it now