Sign in to follow this  
All Eyes On Me

2024 All-Star Weekend

Why does anyone care about the all star game? Players make a big deal about not being included and then nobody tries anyway. 

22 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

But also I'm pretty into the idea of trading for Trae so why not feel hopeful?

After a lot of time waiting with no moves by the FO, if the final price is Trae, I'll be totally disappointed, to not say worst things... that's the move that would completely ruin all the good things we have in place.

When the All star weekend will finally be changed? Paolo would have been better with some time off or some training with the team...

so greatful that All Star weekend is over with.. It’s a stupid „competition“ 

Everybody is complaining about how the All Star game isn’t competitive. Here is two ideas i’ll throw around. 

1. Only who wins the All Star game 2x in 5 years is eligible for the super max. Add that to the supermax formula.. 

Or 

2. Make an incentive. Only who wins 2 out of 5 All Star games is eligible for a supermax ultra contract. lol

This Ultra contract adds either another 1-2 years to the supermax or extra cash out of TV media contract. The choice should be made by the eligible player 

Bottom line is we have too many Max and Supermax extensions by players that aren’t even in that tier. Hello Jaylon Brown. 

All these really big trades the last 7 years have been awful except for the Anthony Davis trade, The Mitchell trade and the Paul George trade. 

We can get players without giving up everything. I don't think we need a star just some pieces. You don't have to give away the whole house for those players. 
I cannot see a trade for Trea that wouldn't involve too much. It's possible it's just i can't see Atlanta doing it unless it's a godfather offer.

10 minutes ago, orlandoholic said:

so greatful that All Star weekend is over with.. It’s a stupid „competition“ 

Everybody is complaining about how the All Star game isn’t competitive. Here is two ideas i’ll throw around. 

1. Only who wins the All Star game 2x in 5 years is eligible for the super max. Add that to the supermax formula.. 

Or 

2. Make an incentive. Only who wins 2 out of 5 All Star games is eligible for a supermax ultra contract. lol

This Ultra contract adds either another 1-2 years to the supermax or extra cash out of TV media contract. The choice should be made by the eligible player 

Bottom line is we have too many Max and Supermax extensions by players that aren’t even in that tier. Hello Jaylon Brown. 

Agreed. We've made it so that the formula for an award / Supermax is tied to the number of games you play. Now it needs to be tied to the outcome of the All-Star game. $1 million doesn't move the needle but $50 million certainly does.

4 hours ago, Luke_FfS said:

After a lot of time waiting with no moves by the FO, if the final price is Trae, I'll be totally disappointed, to not say worst things... that's the move that would completely ruin all the good things we have in place.

Struggling to see the downside of a trade for a 25 year old All star PG in his prime, with 3 years left on his contract, who averages 27 points and 11 assists and hits 3 3s a game. (Provided we don't give up any of Paolo/Franz/Suggs which I'd be against).

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

Struggling to see the downside of a trade for a 25 year old All star PG in his prime, with 3 years left on his contract, who averages 27 points and 11 assists and hits 3 3s a game. (Provided we don't give up any of Paolo/Franz/Suggs which I'd be against).

I’m torn on Trae. I hate how he plays with the foul-baiting and flopping. But I also remember hes already been the best player on a team that made the conference finals, and he’s never had a supporting cast like he’d have here. I don’t see how we get him from a division rival without giving up at least Suggs though.

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

The downside for me is pretty simple. Even if we're able to get him for such a low price (and that's a big if, those kind of trades happen only in LA, and I don't see why Atlanta would do that if he's such a good player...) I would be against cause he seems to me the classic player that always show great stats and highlights, makes you win a few more games in regular season, and then became a liability in the playoffs, when opposite coaches will easily target him. There've been a lot of players like that in the past, RW and Harden are two that came to my mind (not because they're similar, just for the fact that they're great on paper with the stats, and bad on reality when the games actually matters)

If we want to make a move to sell more tickets and being a mediocre playoff team for the time being, Trae is a perfect fit tough. But if we really want to win a ring, that's the kind of move I'll gladly avoid.

A trade between our two teams would never happen. Same division. You telling me they gonna trade us Young so he can play against them 4 times a year right when Paolo is entering his prime? If a trade happens the most likely is San Antonio. Different conference and they can send all sorts of goodies back plus the Atlanta's own picks.

I could see Portland as well. Portland could decide they don't want to rebuild. They can keep vets like Simons,Ayton,Grant and add Trae to the mix. Young might finally unlock Aytons potential. Grant is a solid vet and Simons is a bucket. All three of those guys are signed for more then two years so they would have a solid 3 year run to see what they could get out of them.

I did a trade machine for them and it works with Brogdon,Williams and either Sharpe or Scoot but not both. That would be the sticking point i'm sure.

If Atlanta got back Sharpe,Williams and Brogdon they could start winning now and still get a few firsts from Portland.

26 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

A trade between our two teams would never happen. Same division. You telling me they gonna trade us Young so he can play against them 4 times a year right when Paolo is entering his prime? If a trade happens the most likely is San Antonio. Different conference and they can send all sorts of goodies back plus the Atlanta's own picks.

I could see Portland as well. Portland could decide they don't want to rebuild. They can keep vets like Simons,Ayton,Grant and add Trae to the mix. Young might finally unlock Aytons potential. Grant is a solid vet and Simons is a bucket. All three of those guys are signed for more then two years so they would have a solid 3 year run to see what they could get out of them.

I did a trade machine for them and it works with Brogdon,Williams and either Sharpe or Scoot but not both. That would be the sticking point i'm sure.

If Atlanta got back Sharpe,Williams and Brogdon they could start winning now and still get a few firsts from Portland.

Do you really think division rivals is still a thing? 

I mean it’s all about who offers the best package.. 

With the new CBA teams are limited who can actually trade for Trae. We are one of few teams that can also take back more salary. We also have a lot of assets. Could offer them AB as a new floor general type PG. 

If they decide to trade Trae, only few teams can offer more. Probably San Antonio is the team that should be most interested. They also have the picks and assets to make it happen. 

The question is, will San Antonio grow long term or will they jumpstart their development? 

Imo we are one of the few realistic teams that make sense. Buuut i also think we could go for Tyus and Monk. 

14 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Why does anyone care about the all star game? Players make a big deal about not being included and then nobody tries anyway. 

I agree. It was very boring to me. It was like a track meet. Make a shot on one end of the court (or attempt to), then dribble the ball to the other end and do the same thing--"wash-rinse-repeat". No ball movement and no one played defense.

l878cu.png 

eJrxbb.png