Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2024 NBA Trade Deadline Thread

27 minutes ago, OnlyFranz said:

This is false most of the team is below average for 3 point shooting percentage which is 36%. We only have 4 players above league average which are AB- 38%, Caleb Houston- 35.7% (both who aren’t even in the rotation) Jalen Suggs- 38% and Joe Ingles- 40%. The rest of the team is well below the league average in 3 point shooting. So only 2 players in our rotation that are shooting above league average and yet according to management and posters on here we don’t need another shooter. 

and we all know Suggs went on a hot streak to get those numbers and AB is not even close to being a realistic 38% shooters. 

Suggs is not a reliant shooter and AB isn’t even guarded so he gets to shoot wide open

I only consider Ingles and Houstan good shooters on our team. Jett probably but he won’t even get T. Queens minutes. 

Harris is a decent but not reliable shooter as well. 

Do we have movement shooters? No not one.. 

I would have traded for McDourmett

6 minutes ago, orlandoholic said:

and we all know Suggs went on a hot streak to get those numbers and AB is not even close to being a realistic 38% shooters. 

Suggs is not a reliant shooter and AB isn’t even guarded so he gets to shoot wide open

I only consider Ingles and Houstan good shooters on our team. Jett probably but he won’t even get T. Queens minutes. 

Harris is a decent but not reliable shooter as well. 

Do we have movement shooters? No not one.. 

I would have traded for McDourmett

Glad your not GM then hahaha

Brogdon and Tyus not being traded is kind of weird. Tyus only makes sense if they promised him a contract. Wizards have no point guards and there is a salary floor so if they promise him a starting job it's the only reason i can see why he is still there. Brogdon is a little strange but like Murray i think they assume better deals to be had in the offseason.

Look everyone wants this team to be as good as it possibly can be.  We’re all Magic fans, especially those who’ve stuck around for more than a decade watching terrible basketball.  

The area of disagreement is whether we become as good as we can be by doing something with a trade this season or going with what we have.  I was in the group who believed we’d be better off trading for improved guard play.  We’ve seen enough of our team these 50 games or so for me to be convinced it’s an obvious weakness and makes our two best players less effective than they would otherwise be.  

Regardless, it didn’t happen. All we can do now is hope that the “good” Magic show up for the remaining games rather than the Magic team we saw last game.  I don’t see this team going anywhere in the playoffs as currently constructed, even if we do get there.  

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Look everyone wants this team to be as good as it possibly can be.  We’re all Magic fans, especially those who’ve stuck around for more than a decade watching terrible basketball.  

The area of disagreement is whether we become as good as we can be by doing something with a trade this season or going with what we have.  I was in the group who believed we’d be better off trading for improved guard play.  We’ve seen enough of our team these 50 games or so for me to be convinced it’s an obvious weakness and makes our two best players less effective than they would otherwise be.  

Regardless, it didn’t happen. All we can do now is hope that the “good” Magic show up for the remaining games rather than the Magic team we saw last game.  I don’t see this team going anywhere in the playoffs as currently constructed, even if we do get there.  

100 % my feeling 

1 minute ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Hornets waiving James Bouknight

crazy! most Magic fans wanted to draft him. kinda like Gradey Dick. 

I wonder what’s the issue with him. Last time i heard of him he had some kind of character issues..

2 hours ago, ball junkie said:

No that’s not a problem …lots and lots of people wanted him traded …he’s been back a handful of games and actually attempted 2 three pointers making one …we still have over 30 games left …give the guys a chance …in the meantime Weltham gave the mob the finger lol 

No he gave the fans the finger just like every second round draft and free agency.