Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2024 NBA Trade Deadline Thread

5 minutes ago, OnlyFranz said:

Nobody is saying they feel like the world is over. Fans are just disappointed that the FO sat on their hands yet again when moves could have been made to acquire much needed shooting/floor spacing. It would have helped out this team tremendously seeing as we are dead last in 3 point shooting, yet we are determined to jack up shots from beyond the arc. 

Percentage wise we have mosly all league average shooting nearly.. some above... 

I'm still hopeful we make the playoffs but I'd bet money we don't win more than a single playoff game. Which is fine. We're on schedule. Just wish management could be braver. Why do we have to wait until Paolo and Franz are making a combined 70 million dollars to start making moves to actually try to win playoff series. 

5 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Should have got a shooter at least. I won't even mention for the 50th time how we haven't had a good point guard since Jameer. Oh wait i mentioned it.

we have jett right there

I hardly ever post anymore and i am still a huge fan. Saw that win here in Denver, i know they will do better in the second half. Seems obvious with getting healthy and having all the home games. That said, i am starting to feel they were more lucky then smart with the rebuild. We do need shooters, why not get one?

4 minutes ago, MagicMan1979 said:

Disagreeing with standing pat doesn’t make me or anyone less of a Magic Fan.  I’ve been watching this team since it’s first year.  Go Magic!

never said it makes you less at all.

Front office gave a massive vote of confidence to the boys... now they need to repay the faith.. sink or swim time 

1 minute ago, MagicMan1979 said:

What’s your prediction for our seeding and the rest of the year out of curiosity?

I predict playin and then it’s 50/50 for us making The Play Offs. I don’t think we have enough offense or shooting to do too much. Still a good year considering how awful this last decade has gone. 

Young young team …gotta see how things progress …gotta see how Fultz shooting comes around …but don’t forget we still have the “Death” lineup which has been nearly spectacular 

1 minute ago, CTMagicUK said:

I'm still hopeful we make the playoffs but I'd bet money we don't win more than a single playoff game. Which is fine. We're on schedule. Just wish management could be braver. Why do we have to wait until Paolo and Franz are making a combined 70 million dollars to start making moves to actually try to win playoff series. 

I'll take you up on that bet that we win a playoff series this season 

4 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

Yeah I’m proud of you …you were not a Fultz basher and I already gave you credit for that …you stood up for him for a while …until you let CT influence you jajaja 

If you asked me about Markelle at the end of last year or all summer I was still in, this year he’s regressed significantly with health and therefore his play. He just made his first 3 of the season last week, 50 games in. We’ve talked ad nauseum that for him to work with Paolo and Franz he’s gotta at least take them confidently 

Just now, CTMagicUK said:

I agree 100% with your take. I don’t like the “they are so young we have years” way of thinking. Getting Paolo reps early would be so valuable. There are so many franchises that are more proactive. It was easier to make a trade now than in the summer. 

Uh we do have a chance at an upset or a close series this time. Last two times we made the playoffs we knew there was no chance. Because we had almost no talent. This team is full of talented individuals and they can get hot for one series. look at the Heat this decade. It's all mental. Heat players have went nuclear in the playoffs despite many of there best players being non shooters or no names. 

1 minute ago, All Eyes On Me said:

If you asked me about Markelle at the end of last year or all summer I was still in, this year he’s regressed significantly with health and therefore his play. He just made his first 3 of the season last week, 50 games in. We’ve talked ad nauseum that for him to work with Paolo and Franz he’s gotta at least take them confidently 

He took 2 the other night …you think now that he’s attempted some he’s just gonna stop ? Not me …but let’s see what happens 

Just now, hootie249 said:

Uh we do have a chance at an upset or a close series this time. Last two times we made the playoffs we knew there was no chance. Because we had almost no talent. This team is full of talented individuals and they can get hot for one series. look at the Heat this decade. It's all mental. Heat players have went nuclear in the playoffs despite many of there best players being non shooters or no names. 

This team is loaded with lottery pick talent