Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2024 NBA Draft Thread

The Lakers winning last night was kinda good for us. Pushed us into a 4 way tie for 16th-19th pick rather than a 3 way tie for 17th-19th and gave us a chance at pick 16. 

11 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

The Lakers winning last night was kinda good for us. Pushed us into a 4 way tie for 16th-19th pick rather than a 3 way tie for 17th-19th and gave us a chance at pick 16. 

If we get real lucky on this one and pull another rabbit with #16.....is like kinda picking in the lottery.

I don't know if it's been discussed, but Paolo being courted to play for Team USA in the FIBA 2023 games away from Italy and then not being put on the Team USA Olympic roster for 2024 seems salty to me. Maybe the thought is that Paolo will eventually represent the USA in the next Olympics, but I'm sure he's disappointed.

That being said, it's only an 11 man roster and there's an "open spot for one more player." I'd love to see the Magic get to the East Semi's or Finals (can we beat Boston??) and Paolo to prove his value to be on that roster. A summer playing with Lebron, Steph, and more would be an AMAZING experience for him and his growth no doubt. 

9 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

I don't know if it's been discussed, but Paolo being courted to play for Team USA in the FIBA 2023 games away from Italy and then not being put on the Team USA Olympic roster for 2024 seems salty to me. Maybe the thought is that Paolo will eventually represent the USA in the next Olympics, but I'm sure he's disappointed.

That being said, it's only an 11 man roster and there's an "open spot for one more player." I'd love to see the Magic get to the East Semi's or Finals (can we beat Boston??) and Paolo to prove his value to be on that roster. A summer playing with Lebron, Steph, and more would be an AMAZING experience for him and his growth no doubt. 

Paolo will be on that Olympic team mark my words

On 4/8/2024 at 1:58 PM, Jason Funderburker said:

I don’t know who they’ll get but I think it is unlikely they don’t shell out to hire a very good coach. They’ll probably be fine

So the jury is out on the hire, but I think the actual thing that will hurt them most is all the players and recruits are leaving

1 hour ago, Jason Funderburker said:

So the jury is out on the hire, but I think the actual thing that will hurt them most is all the players and recruits are leaving

I think Mark Pope is a solid hire. Won a National Championship there as a player and has done a pretty good job with BYU making it to the tournament twice. Just whether he can handle the brighter lights of the big job following Cal I suppose.

There was always going to be an exodus of talent though. If I was him I'd be a little relieved to be honest, Bradshaw, Ivisic and Wagner were hardly winning players as freshman, maybe they make a leap but he could probably find a couple of transfers that could eat up those minutes and be just as impactful if not more. And Kentucky was always going to lose Dillingham, Edwards and (probably, since he hasn't yet officially declared) Sheppard.

The incoming freshmen is kinda tough to lose but again they probably expected it given Cal recruited those kids to play in his one and done factory.

20 hours ago, Shine88 said:

I think the last spot will be between Kawhi, Chet and Paolo.

My concern is that Paolo did not play that great during last years FIBA competition. I could see Chet over him or even Jalen Brunson, who was one of the leaders last summer. I’m curious to know if they are leaving 1 roster spot to see how guys play in the playoffs. That’s my gut feeling  

1 hour ago, TreyMachine said:

My concern is that Paolo did not play that great during last years FIBA competition. I could see Chet over him or even Jalen Brunson, who was one of the leaders last summer. I’m curious to know if they are leaving 1 roster spot to see how guys play in the playoffs. That’s my gut feeling  

ESPN reported yesterday Kawhi is getting it.

4 hours ago, Jamesdin said:

hope team usa snub light a fire under Paolo's butt. this is a bummer.

It’s not a snub though.. It’s a great reality check.. He’s not up there yet! But he will be if he keeps working.. 

Good for him. This will give him plenty time to work on his craft. He would t have played a lot anyways