Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

27 minutes ago, Luke_FfS said:

Was also here when we picked Mo Bamba ahead of Wendell, for whom we traded for later, and ahead of Shai, Bridges, Sexton, Porter Jr and a few others. In hindsight, we can play that game forever.

EDIT: sorry, I got the sense of your post later. But the point still stand somehow, even if Bamba had lenght and SHOOTING too! :D Franz is also a decent shooter, but not a great one, and at the time we probably didn't need another big... we already had the wrong Mo.

I have got no idea what Mo Bamba has got to do with what I said. 

What to Watch For

One thing we don’t have to worry about is the three-point shot from the Magic. They are shooting 34% (last in the league), hitting 10.7 of 31.4 attempts per game. The Suns' perimeter defense has been suspect off-and-on during their recent seven-game win streak but has been better than earlier in the season.

On New Year's Eve against the Suns, the Magic were unable to force their way to the free-throw line, shooting 11-12 in a 112-107 loss. That is normally their specialty, getting to the line and attempting 26.4 per game. The Suns are right behind them, averaging 25.2 per game.

Prediction

Booker will go off again. For how many points? I am not sure. The man is still out to prove something after being snubbed as an all-star starter.

I predict another great start to the game, 20+ to get this Suns team out to the hot start they need, leading to a blow-out victory.

From the Phoenix sites lol …predicting a blowout and a Booker go off game .
https://www.brightsideofthesun.com/2024/1/28/24052894/game-preview-suns-continue-long-road-trip-against-the-magic

somehow Fultz learned how to shoot with that hitch in the paint. At least something.. 

But he looks like he won’t be able to shoot with a regular form going forward.. Really strange

5 minutes ago, orlandoholic said:

somehow Fultz learned how to shoot with that hitch in the paint. At least something.. 

But he looks like he won’t be able to shoot with a regular form going forward.. Really strange

Come on   give the guy a break, lol

And I would still keep him over Cole.

Since he came in 2 fouls and 2 forced shots

The Suns are shooting 75 percent. Magic are shooting 25 percent from downtown. Sound familiar? I thought this team was built on defense? It's quite simple, if they don't play defense they have no chance of making the playoffs. I have never seen a team that is so consistently horrific at shooting from distance. And yet they keep bringing in players who can't shoot. It boggles the mind on multiple levels.

The Suns are shooting 75 percent. Magic are shooting 25 percent from downtown. Sound familiar? I thought this team was built on defense? It's quite simple, if they don't play defense they have no chance of making the playoffs. I have never seen a team that is so consistently horrific at shooting from distance. And yet they keep bringing in players who can't shoot. It boggles the mind on multiple levels.

2 minutes ago, Jamesdin said:

Death, taxes and magic missing free throws. SMH!

It's bad enough when you can't shoot well from distance. Add poor free throw shooting into that equation and it becomes a total disaster. And if no defense is played on top of all of this you essentially have a 35-37 win team at best that will fail to reach the playoffs. Quite frankly that is what I envision for this team unfortunately. So very frustrating.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Need to hope the Suns keep turning the ball over, cause Book and KD don’t miss in Orlando 

Magic took 12 more shots in the half by forcing 12 turnovers and yet they are down 5. Why? Once again it is poor shooting from distance. (4 for 17).