Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

I am currently watching the Wizards vs The Trailblazers...

The kid Simons... absolutely ELECTRIC.. can tell Dame taught him very well.

Impressive .. 35 points and counting 

Just finished watching the game. 

This was actually winnable, here’s my take

- Paolo playing bad recently, forcing it too much. 

- Franz is a really bad shooter right now. Terrible 

- Our FT is really bad. 
- G. Harris and Houstan have no business playing right now. They ain’t making wide open shots. Especially disappointing from Houstan, as this is his lonely skill right now. 

- JI is a monster on defense and needed to play more tonight. Feels like coach could have played him 3-5 minutes more, especially against GA. 

- speaking of GA. Superstar treatment at its finest. I counted at least 5 fouls and 2 offensive fouls that weren’t called.

- That 3rd foul on Banchero on GA absolutely needed to be challenged! 

- Speaking of challenges. I’m sick and tired of the mismanagement of this challenge. We regularly don’t use any challenge. 

- Our young team also needs protection against the WWE style refs from our coach and staff. Use a god damn challenge and also speak up Mosley! Way too nice out there. This softness is nothing for me. We are getting punked out there. And our staff is only laughing it off. I hate it

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, orlandoholic said:

Just finished watching the game. 

This was actually winnable, here’s my take

- Paolo playing bad recently, forcing it too much. 

- Franz is a really bad shooter right now. Terrible 

- Our FT is really bad. 
- G. Harris and Houstan have no business playing right now. They ain’t making wide open shots. Especially disappointing from Houstan, as this is his lonely skill right now. 

- JI is a monster on defense and needed to play more tonight. Feels like coach could have played him 3-5 minutes more, especially against GA. 

- speaking of GA. Superstar treatment at its finest. I counted at least 5 fouls and 2 offensive fouls that weren’t called.

- That 3rd foul on Banchero on GA absolutely needed to be challenged! 

- Speaking of challenges. I’m sick and tired of the mismanagement of this challenge. We regularly don’t use any challenge. 

- Our young team also needs protection against the WWE style refs from our coach and staff. Use a god damn challenge and also speak up Mosley! Way too nice out there. This softness is nothing for me. We are getting punked out there. And our staff is only laughing it off. I hate it

we might still have the streak alive if franz didn't forget to shoot from outside the arc.

Paolo for me tries but he have to tighten his handle and should not look for ref to bail him out. he's still not a superstar and won't get those durant and lebron calls.

JI is a beast. Moe with JI works wonder.

we could have use some Goga

On 12/22/2023 at 3:30 AM, CTMagicUK said:

Is Caleb Houstan a fake shooter? 

The jumper looks good but it seemingly only goes in in garbage time.

I’m not sure where he got the reputation of being a great shooter.  Yeah that was the rationale for drafting him, but last year he shot less than 34% from 3.  I have yet to see evidence that he’s a legit three point threat on any kind of consistent basis.  

Indiana favored by one tonight.  We’re at home.  

To me this is an important opportunity to get things a little bit back on track.  We beat them pretty comfortably in Indiana a few weeks ago and if we can get back to playing better we should win this one, and avoid a five game losing streak and potential tailspin.  

33 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Indiana favored by one tonight.  We’re at home.  

To me this is an important opportunity to get things a little bit back on track.  We beat them pretty comfortably in Indiana a few weeks ago and if we can get back to playing better we should win this one, and avoid a five game losing streak and potential tailspin.  

we are @ Pacers tonight 

Ingles, like Isaac, not playing a lot of minutes, but was key for our wins and streak. His absence is always felt. The other problem is Harris, before the injury was shooting a stellar % on 3's, up to 40%, and now is 33% for the season. That big slump makes the absence of Suggs even harder to overcome.