Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

https://x.com/ballymagic/status/1778252799005913392?s=46

Hes right, but at the same time it’s his job to design plays that help the players.. If you let them play freestyle type basketball, then errors will happen more likely. 

Also i’m still on him for not having feel for timeouts. He let Milwaukee go for a 10 point lead before calling a timeout. We played catchup ever since.. 

He should have called a timeout way earlier, as it was clear we didn’t have a clue what to do on offense. 

Letting them play is just not a concept for me, but it’s Mosley concept. Imo he needs to sit down after the playin exit and reflect on that

51 minutes ago, orlandoholic said:

https://x.com/ballymagic/status/1778252799005913392?s=46

Hes right, but at the same time it’s his job to design plays that help the players.. If you let them play freestyle type basketball, then errors will happen more likely. 

Also i’m still on him for not having feel for timeouts. He let Milwaukee go for a 10 point lead before calling a timeout. We played catchup ever since.. 

He should have called a timeout way earlier, as it was clear we didn’t have a clue what to do on offense. 

Letting them play is just not a concept for me, but it’s Mosley concept. Imo he needs to sit down after the playin exit and reflect on that

after the playin exit? 

you saying we making the play in and losing?

Not even going to bother watching the game, had the result spoiled by seeing something online before I could watch. 

Think we're getting swept in round 1, if we make it that far. 

A FRUSTRATED AND TIRED (CAN'T EVEN JUMP) BANCHERO HAS THE TEAM FRUSTRATED........

AND COULD VERY WELL FRUSTRATE A BUNCH OF US IF HE CONTINUES TO FORCE IT.....

AND EVERYTHING IS BY DESIGN....BALL IN HIS HANDS, BALL IN HIS HANDS.....

THE DESIGN HAS TO BE MODIFIED AND A FAST PACE OF BASKETBALL HAS TO RETURN TO THE TEAM.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

20 minutes ago, Albert Lergier said:

A FRUSTRATED AND TIRED (CAN'T EVEN JUMP) BANCHERO HAS THE TEAM FRUSTRATED........

AND COULD VERY WELL FRUSTRATE A BUNCH OF US IF HE CONTINUES TO FORCE IT.....

AND EVERYTHING IS BY DESIGN....BALL IN HIS HANDS, BALL IN HIS HANDS.....

THE DESIGN HAS TO BE MODIFIED AND A FAST PACE OF BASKETBALL HAS TO RETURN TO THE TEAM.

Serious question tho Albert… with the current talent disparity on this team and Franz out injured, what’s the alternative if we’re hoping to compete. I agree with you that we’re more effective when we can run, but teams aren’t letting us, we’re not doing a great job forcing turnovers and we’re doing a horrible job on the defensive glass. Our half court offense has to be “let Paolo cook” because we simply don’t have guys that can create in the half court other than Paolo and Franz. Our struggles over the last couple weeks we saw coming a mile away and it’s why the vast majority of us were so upset when we didn’t do anything at the trade deadline. I’m trying not to bury us this season, but if we somehow wind up fully collapsing and missing the play-in, this season went from being an overwhelming success to a meh…

I’m a silver linings guy most of the time, so if we wind up in the play-in and win, that’s more games! Woo! Also, recent struggles make me more confident that Weltman and Parker will actually make a move this off-season.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

after the playin exit? 

you saying we making the play in and losing?

yes we are most definitely loosing against the Sixers and probably last game vs Bucks (depends on if they rest the 1-2 unit lol) 

Well finish in the playin and play Miami. We will loose and then we will face a mostly healthy Hawks team and loose again

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

20 hours ago, orlandoholic said:

yes we are most definitely loosing against the Sixers and probably last game vs Bucks (depends on if they rest the 1-2 unit lol) 

Well finish in the playin and play Miami. We will loose and then we will face a mostly healthy Hawks team and loose again

Sadly I agree with this being the most likely scenario 

I don't want to get down on the magic either, but I have big, big concerns here unless we can pull out a big win against either the Bucks or Sixers. This is "do or die" basketball the next 3 games essentially. I think the Bucks really rattled us yesterday. I'm hoping that someone on that team - Paolo, Cole, or one of the vets - can give a motivational speech that lights the fire and we come out swinging tomorrow night. We know who we are and when we play our game, we win - and we're near a 50 win team. 

LFG Magic 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TreyMachine said:

I don't want to get down on the magic either, but I have big, big concerns here unless we can pull out a big win against either the Bucks or Sixers. This is "do or die" basketball the next 3 games essentially. I think the Bucks really rattled us yesterday. I'm hoping that someone on that team - Paolo, Cole, or one of the vets - can give a motivational speech that lights the fire and we come out swinging tomorrow night. We know who we are and when we play our game, we win - and we're near a 50 win team. 

LFG Magic 

Ain’t nobody on this team stopping Embiid and Maxey is an All Star with Embiid on the court. Ain’t no freaking way we win against the Sixers..

Oh and refs did t get the memo on foul calls on Embiid. He’s still getting that superstar treatment and you can’t touch him

tom

cle x ind

orl x phi

next

mil x orl

bro x phi

atl x ind

* hopefully I am getting this right, but these are the games that matter to us.

* how does a tie with IND PHI MIA decided?

10 hours ago, orlandoholic said:

better not watch it then I guess 

give me them lottery nunbers please also lol 

• Upvote 1