Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

Anyone watching the sixers spurs game. Our coaching staff should take a page from that sixers playbook. Nurse surely knows how to draw a play. 

Great win that we controlled from the get-go. Kelle rounding into form right on time. Hopefully Franz and JI aren’t long term, especially Franz. I’m getting more and more worried about his ankles.

Can’t take this season for granted. One of the youngest squads in the league and we’re 46-32 and still have a very legitimate path to the 2 seed. Unreal. Staff and team deserve a ton of credit. Let’s finish strong and avoid that stupid play-in tournament!

Last note, think the league needs to bring back the rule from the bubble. I’m okay with the play-in IF the 9-10 seeds are within 4 games of the 7-8. If that rule was in place right now, the top 8 in the East would just make the playoffs like they’ve earned.

• Upvote 1

Solid W. Need that Franz Wagner health update though.

Something is very wrong in Milwaukee... We might actually get the 2 seed... Conversely we have by far the toughest remaining schedule of the East playoff teams (except Milwaukee and they play us twice) and could still finish like 7th or 8th. 

Harris +/- in a zero point game is one of the weirdest stat I've ever seen.

Another good W, Vuc helping us :P, East has a really strange shape right now.

50 minutes ago, Luke_FfS said:

Harris +/- in a zero point game is one of the weirdest stat I've ever seen.

Another good W, Vuc helping us :P, East has a really strange shape right now.

He played awesome defense. 

5 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Solid W. Need that Franz Wagner health update though.

Something is very wrong in Milwaukee... We might actually get the 2 seed... Conversely we have by far the toughest remaining schedule of the East playoff teams (except Milwaukee and they play us twice) and could still finish like 7th or 8th. 

Yeesh, you’re not wrong. Everybody else were competing with outside of Milwaukee has like one possible tough matchup left, some don’t even have that. We just need to win 2 to avoid the play-in. Tomorrow night against Houston has to be a W with how Philly is surging and now we need to expect to get a desperate Milwaukee team to close out the season.

3 hours ago, harryfromphilly said:

Any updates on JI or Franz?

Franz MRI came back positive for an ankle sprain but nothing worse. He’s questionable tomorrow, but I doubt he plays. Honestly wouldn’t shock me if we sat him down for the rest of the regular season. Kid needs the rest anyway.

Crickets on JI, but he didn’t play in the 2nd half last night cause his back was sore. He’ll definitely miss at least one of the next two cause we have our last back-to-back of the season. Gotta imagine same with Harris and Fultz.

2 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Franz MRI came back positive for an ankle sprain but nothing worse. He’s questionable tomorrow, but I doubt he plays. Honestly wouldn’t shock me if we sat him down for the rest of the regular season. Kid needs the rest anyway.

Crickets on JI, but he didn’t play in the 2nd half last night cause his back was sore. He’ll definitely miss at least one of the next two cause we have our last back-to-back of the season. Gotta imagine same with Harris and Fultz.

So this means no Franz, no Isaac against the Rockets! 

Houstan gets the startend probably Okeke with the bench unit

41 minutes ago, orlandoholic said:

So this means no Franz, no Isaac against the Rockets! 

Houstan gets the startend probably Okeke with the bench unit

Houstan has been hurt too.. might see some Jett.

i wouldn’t be mad if we’d drop some of these games. 

Im looking at draft position and also kinda reality check for this team.. We aren’t the second best team in the east. Not even the fourth best team. It’s kinda a fluke situation where we also benefited from opponents being injured. Sixers, Heat been banged up. Knicks and Bucks as well. Brooklyn fell off a cliff and Atlanta been dealing with injuries as well..