Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

9 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Also it won't happen but Mo Wagner should get 6MOY consideration. He's third in the entire NBA in TS%. 

He should. Mo always plays hard and has helped us climb out of a hole many times!

Need to start this post with a disclaimer, we should be doing whatever we can to win as many games as possible and let what happens happen… but because of this 2-8 logjam, there are some potential scary matchups. If we do somehow wind up with the 2 we more than likely face a now healthy Sixers team or the Heat. The 3 seed could get us the Heat as well. I’m hoping we wind up with home court either against Indiana, Cleveland or New York in that order. Winning too much just to get rewarded with a date with Embiid in the first round just feels wrong. I honestly hope the Sixers wind up as 8 and them and Boston have a slugfest first round matchup for the ages 

58 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Need to start this post with a disclaimer, we should be doing whatever we can to win as many games as possible and let what happens happen… but because of this 2-8 logjam, there are some potential scary matchups. If we do somehow wind up with the 2 we more than likely face a now healthy Sixers team or the Heat. The 3 seed could get us the Heat as well. I’m hoping we wind up with home court either against Indiana, Cleveland or New York in that order. Winning too much just to get rewarded with a date with Embiid in the first round just feels wrong. I honestly hope the Sixers wind up as 8 and them and Boston have a slugfest first round matchup for the ages 

I was thinking basically this same thing earlier. Imagine we pull out the 2nd seed and then get Joel Embiid and the 76ers in round one... That'd be harsh on this young team.

Heat lose to the Sixers, Knicks beat the Kings. We’re still 4 but tied with the Knicks. Magic number to clinch a top 6 seed and avoid the play-in is 4 games. That’s a combined Magic wins and Heat/Sixers losses.