Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

We missed 10 free throws on 21 attempts. We lost by 8 points. Smh

And not only that, it was a one-possession game in crunch time. If we could at least shoot league average from the line we’d have won this game

This one is on coach.. Coincidentally i mentioned it before the game and it showed up massively against the Warriors.. We can’t draw up anything, we can’t exploit mismatches and coach has bad feeling for when to take timeouts. 
He lets opponents go on too big of runs. We was only down one, team was playing hero ball and you let it go away again?? That’s piss poor feel for the game. 

Yeah and like i said before the game. We dribble dribble dribble offense too much. 

We had 3 days to prepare for this game. You knew the Warriors would have a back to back and then you don’t come up with a game plan to physically stress them out? No bully ball? 

Deserved to lose. The lack of effort on the glass was depressing. 

Thought Paolo was the worst player on the floor honestly. Terrible defense, terrible rebounding, terrible shot selection. 

Without Cole that would have been a blow out. 

52 minutes ago, orlandoholic said:

This one is on coach.. Coincidentally i mentioned it before the game and it showed up massively against the Warriors.. We can’t draw up anything, we can’t exploit mismatches and coach has bad feeling for when to take timeouts. 
He lets opponents go on too big of runs. We was only down one, team was playing hero ball and you let it go away again?? That’s piss poor feel for the game. 

Yeah and like i said before the game. We dribble dribble dribble offense too much. 

We had 3 days to prepare for this game. You knew the Warriors would have a back to back and then you don’t come up with a game plan to physically stress them out? No bully ball? 

Yea tbf it wasn't a good game for my "the xs and os are fine" take to follow. 

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Just checked the other scores. Somehow we got lucky and the Cavs, Pacers and 76ers all lost.

that’s crazy fortune but at the same time another missed opportunity.. 

This was just as brutal as loosing to the Pacers and Knicks in very important games.. 

1 hour ago, orlandoholic said:

that’s crazy fortune but at the same time another missed opportunity.. 

This was just as brutal as loosing to the Pacers and Knicks in very important games.. 

To be honest at this stage of the season every game feels massive. 

7 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

We deserved to lose this one. That first quarter was some of the worst professional basketball I’ve ever seen from an offense. Free throw shooting is a major problem and it’s somehow getting worse. Draymond getting tossed probably hurt us more than it hurt Golden State. The starters were all bad. Again. Franz needs to stop disappearing against good teams. Cole was excellent. We missed an opportunity here… Steph was bad and GSW was on the 2nd night of a back to back while we were on extended rest. Just inexcusable to come out that flat. Im more annoyed by this game than anything… oh well, on to the next one

Absolutely agree. I was are Alehouse with the fam, and we had to leave early because I was getting too loud and probably annoyed everyone around us

7 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

We deserved to lose this one. That first quarter was some of the worst professional basketball I’ve ever seen from an offense. Free throw shooting is a major problem and it’s somehow getting worse. Draymond getting tossed probably hurt us more than it hurt Golden State. The starters were all bad. Again. Franz needs to stop disappearing against good teams. Cole was excellent. We missed an opportunity here… Steph was bad and GSW was on the 2nd night of a back to back while we were on extended rest. Just inexcusable to come out that flat. Im more annoyed by this game than anything… oh well, on to the next one

Even with all of that, it was a two point game with about two minutes left.  At that point all the guys who want to win the game by themselves started to go one on however many and take bad shots.   It’s at the end of close games when passing is most important that we just stop.  No one trusts their teammates apparently. It’s happened repeatedly.  It’s very aggravating.  

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Even with all of that, it was a two point game with about two minutes left.  At that point all the guys who want to win the game by themselves started to go one on however many and take bad shots.   It’s at the end of close games when passing is most important that we just stop.  No one trusts their teammates apparently. It’s happened repeatedly.  It’s very aggravating.  

Down 1 with a minute left and we get a shot clock violation due to indecisiveness. Just can’t happen

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Down 1 with a minute left and we get a shot clock violation due to indecisiveness. Just can’t happen

It was also one guy dribbling the ball until the clock had nearly expired before he passed it.  

• Upvote 1

FOR NO REASON, THE STAGE LAST NIGHT SEEMED TOO BIG FOR THE MAGIC.........NOT FOR COLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MIGHT BE TIME TO INSERT HIM AS A STARTER.....AT THE END OF THE DAY THE STARTERS ARE THE PLAYERS THAT TEAMS RELY TO WIN GAMES.

TEAM NEEDS A PG THAT CAN CREATE ASSITS (5 PER GAME / 36 MPG), SCORE, SHOOT 3'S, REBOUND AND REFIEF PAOLO OF HANDLING THE BALL SO MUCH.