Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

At least the Heat and Sixers lost again too. And JI looked bouncier tonight than he has in years. But yeah, this teams offensive floor is super low.

22-6 against teams below .500, meaning we’re 15-21 against teams above .500. There are easy excuses to pull from for tonight, 3rd game in 4 nights while the Knicks were on 2 days rest at home, last road game before a long homestand, no Jalen… but I’m having a hard time shaking the last 3 games I’ve really gotten excited for to see how this team looks in a playoff atmosphere, New York, OKC and Miami, we’ve gotten blown out in all 3 in embarrassing fashion. It’s great that we’re getting this exposure to playoff intensity now, but we need to start adjusting to it and stop chasing the whistle. And we absolutely cannot give up free possessions to the other team by whining about calls. Our late season schedule is going to put us into position to really make this a special season, I just don’t want to see it be a memorable regular season and a wet fart of a playoff run.

Also, there’s gotta be someone better than Ingles to put in the rotation right now. He’s on his last legs of his career, and most nights lately you can see his giveadam is fully busted.

Sad to see Ingles being forced at this time in his career to be a ball handler. Pathetic really, that management decided this was the best way to go. All Eyes, I expect a loss in the first round because of this, could have been so much better. Unfortunately Hero type of play by PFJ will only save this team in the playoffs. 

This is a badly constructed roster by Weltman. It's actually shocking that Paolo is able to have the year he is having with this roster. The spacing has to be the worst in the league. I'm not even expecting much from us in the playoffs, because we're going to be the easy team to scheme for, all teams have to do is pack the paint, double Paolo, and make the guards beat you. I think Weltman made a really big mistake by not making a move at the deadline. The Knicks are loaded from all the moves they made before the deadline. I hope this conservative approach by Weltman ends after this season, because they'll be a ton of shooters on the market this summer and we need to grab 2 or 3 of them.

Here's mine early Free Agency wishlist:

D'Angelo Russell

Malik Monk

Luke Kennard or Malik Beasley

We need to revamp our guard position, so we can open thing up for Paolo and Franz.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Sad to see Ingles being forced at this time in his career to be a ball handler. Pathetic really, that management decided this was the best way to go. All Eyes, I expect a loss in the first round because of this, could have been so much better. Unfortunately Hero type of play by PFJ will only save this team in the playoffs. 

Hate to bring politics to the board, but Ingles looks like Joe Biden out there.. lol

And we keeping him in there, because it seems better than anything else we can offer.

What a freaking terrible game.. But it also was a reality check for the team, fans and front office. We ain’t there yet. 

Great teams don’t loose an important game like that. 

We definitely need to get that guy who can get his own and also create for others. 

We need to make that serious splash for Trae Young! 

next tier would be Simons

3 hours ago, Shine88 said:

I hope Jett works out. Because Keyonte George would've been the perfect guard to pair with Paolo and Franz. He's balling out in Utah. He remind me of Garland.

I, to this day, don’t understand the Jett Howard pick. And apparently the coach doesn’t understand it either. 

Keyonte and a handful other prospects would and could have been better additions.. 

Im not giving up on Jett, like his personality. But damn i was baffled on draft day and the team and Jett hasn’t proved anybody that they made the right decision 

I know we as Magic fans wanted to win that game. The score was 74-98. The Knicks are a very good team. At least we held them to under 100 pts.

I did some research and found that 74 pts. is not the lowest score in Magic history. Guess who was on the team at that time.

GUaIo1.png

i7ESFO.png

That game was why we were mad there wasn't a trade at the deadline. No shooting. No offense. Locked up. Team relies too much on getting to the FT line and when the game gets physical they've got nowhere to go. We might get swept, easily, in the playoffs if we turn up like that.

I was also discouraged that Mose showed up with basically the usual rotation and no back up plan. Ingles, who at this point can't guard anyone, first off the bench in a huge road game with playoff implications? Terrible. 

ok  question    i had to walk away from the madness for a break end of 3rd, top of 4th.   I walked the dog.

I must have missed this. In the post game presser someone asked coach about a "hard fall" that

markelle had and asked if he is ok.

What happened? Was it serious?  (side note, he really seems to have fallen way down in the rotation)

People forget knicks is being coached by thibs and is a good defensive team. They surely circles their calendar facing us and watched the 3tapes endlessly. 

5 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

That game was why we were mad there wasn't a trade at the deadline. No shooting. No offense. Locked up. Team relies too much on getting to the FT line and when the game gets physical they've got nowhere to go. We might get swept, easily, in the playoffs if we turn up like that.

I was also discouraged that Mose showed up with basically the usual rotation and no back up plan. Ingles, who at this point can't guard anyone, first off the bench in a huge road game with playoff implications? Terrible. 

Yeah, and insult to injury, 2 of the easier guys we could’ve traded for to bolster our backcourt offense both went for 40+ last night, DLo and Dejounte.

• Like 1