Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

14 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

Give me a break …you’re bigger than this …cause every person posting here wanted a trade at the deadline …except Jay and myself …and yeah I did my victory lap …now all you guys are mad cause I’m doing just that …it’s sports …sometimes you’re right sometimes not …do what you gotta do …I took a break for 12 years I can do it again …pretty sour grapes if you ask me 

You keep taking victory laps, that’s my beef with you. Oh and btw, the finish line is 26 games away. People on this board wanted better guard play, what a crime. You have in the past, paraded your fav Kentucky player over and over again. Insinuating that we should have picked them in the draft, so isn’t that a criticism of the same management that you now have your Pom poms going for? 

Also I gave the Melo/Paolo comparison because their games were similar. Loves offense and not so much on defense. NOT because Melo never wins a ring. Lol I never said that. He won a NCAA championship if I can remember. 

• Upvote 1

Friends, let’s return to posting about our team, not the writing habits of others. I found it curious we started WCJ and Goga. Did Mosley say anything about that strategy?

2 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Friends, let’s return to posting about our team, not the writing habits of others. I found it curious we started WCJ and Goga. Did Mosley say anything about that strategy?

Reasoning seemed to be to not want to disturb the flow of the bench rotation with how well they’d been playing of late.

• Upvote 1

I was at the game tonight and let’s just say it was a disappointing showing. We can’t leave 10+ points at the free throw line and expect to win many games. It was also another masterclass by Cole Anthony plenty of forced shots and unforced turnovers. The guy just doesn’t know how to consistently initiate the offense and play within himself. He’s always looking for the home run play instead of making the right play. Glad JI is ok because I thought he tore his acl when he made that move to the basket. On another note wish we would have traded for Murray the guy knows how to put a team on his shoulders when needed but is also a willing passer. Oh well on to the next game. 

2 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

that also baffles me. WCJ and Goga starting together and then leaving Mo with 4 guards on the other. I was called for pointing that out and who should we play. It would have been better doing the 4 guard line-up with Goga; atleast we have some rim protection. we don't have curry on our team to pull that 4 guard line-up off.

Id like to apologize to Paolo Banchero for my criticisms of him taking too many jumpers. It turns out if he doesn't do that his teammates would just stand around passing it to each other until someone turns it over or gets a shot clock violation. Seriously, it looked like a team of guys who'd never played with each other before. 

Getting basically blown out by the Trae Young less Hawks is a bad look honestly. That's a play in team WITH it's all star guard. Nobody was really good enough. On to the next one. 

Hope Jonathan Isaac is ok because at this point it's become apparent that he's a one man bench defense. We put that man out there with Cole, Ingles and Mo Wagner and they regularly blow the other teams bench away. Take him out of it (and admittedly Markelle was added to that lineup which I think made things a bit funky) and the bench was terrible. 

Jonathan Isaac's MRI came back clean. He isn't expected to miss any significant amount of time. He is questionable for tomorrow night as of now. But that's great news folks! Breathe and believe Magic fans! 

Great news, when I heard him screaming I was so worried for him.... not again.

And thanks to Soul Bro to trying to put back the discussion on track!

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, MAGICTIME22 said:

We also play horribly against the Nets too. 0-2 this year with both losses by 20 or more points.

That worries me also

Hope Paolo returns to form when we face the nets. They have our numbers like how we have the bulls this season. It was a matchup nightmare for us as they got hot beyond the arc everytime they play us. 

On 2/26/2024 at 2:02 AM, All Eyes On Me said:

7-17 from the line is embarrassing. This team has a free throw problem that we need to figure out 

Been saying this for ages its a issue and needs fixing ASAP!