Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

1 minute ago, Crazyhorse81 said:

Anyone know more about Suggs' injury??  I'll be at the game on Tuesday and I want us to be at 100%.

Hopefully it isn’t too serious and he didn’t end up with a concussion. I’ll be at the game in Atlanta on Sunday and I’d love for us to be at full strength to whoop Trae Young and co. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Crazyhorse81 said:

Anyone know more about Suggs' injury??  I'll be at the game on Tuesday and I want us to be at 100%.

I believe that he took an inadvertent elbow from WCJ.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Section229 said:

AB has put in a pretty damn good shift too for me. 

It's about the hair. Get that stuff out of his face, it gives him better peripheral vision and it confuses the opposing team because without all that hair, they don't remember playing against this guy--with a burst of energy on defense--the first time they played the Magic. /just kidding

this is the bench that gave us a lot of wins early on our schedule. we look like world beaters out there even when Paolo is not having a good game and cavs are missing their superstar.

Great win going to Cleveland on the road. The bench were awesome. Mo Wagner was phenomenal. Cole was great, especially in the second half. Isaac did the usual Isaac things. AB was very good on defense and had some great passing moments. Gary Harris was low key very good too. Had some big moments on defense. Ingles hit big shots. Fun game for the non stars all around honestly. 

When Scott Foster called that offensive foul on Paolo I thought the fix was in but he called some just as bad ones our way so I'll take it. 

Paolo shouldn't have played I don't think. He didn't look well. He played like he had no idea where he was and I think having him in the game did us more harm than good honestly. 

Hope Jalen is ok.

Bickerstaff complaining about the refs post game is pretty rich. Said Moe got away with an offensive foul every time he touched the ball.

For some context, the Cavs shot 8 more free throws than us and the Magic got called for 5 more fouls. Paolo and Franz shot 3 free throws combined despite driving to the basketball game and Allen and Mobley playing extremely physical defense. 

24 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Bickerstaff complaining about the refs post game is pretty rich. Said Moe got away with an offensive foul every time he touched the ball.

For some context, the Cavs shot 8 more free throws than us and the Magic got called for 5 more fouls. Paolo and Franz shot 3 free throws combined despite driving to the basketball game and Allen and Mobley playing extremely physical defense. 

I was about to push back on Paolo a little because he was so not himself that for the first half I don't think he even attempted a layup.

But then I remembered the 3 point play he had chalked off for a completely normal basketball play so the point still stands.

Franz always gets a bad whistle, should be averaging as many FTs as Paolo really, the way he hunts paint touches. 

36 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I was about to push back on Paolo a little because he was so not himself that for the first half I don't think he even attempted a layup.

But then I remembered the 3 point play he had chalked off for a completely normal basketball play so the point still stands.

Franz always gets a bad whistle, should be averaging as many FTs as Paolo really, the way he hunts paint touches. 

Yeah, I really don’t know when the rule changed happened that is rewarding defenders for getting out of position, reaching and getting elbowed in the face but it’s BS and hope it’s on the radar to discuss this off-season.

Great W!! Didn’t expect that one! Just shows how great D. Mitchell is though! 

Let’s get some more Dubs! We need them. Definitely need to avoid the play in.. 

I think Philly will slip in the standing.