Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

1 minute ago, orlandoholic said:

After a break? lol.. They can’t fool me. I’m calling TOS and i dare any reporter to have the guts and ask him or coach or fo straight to their face..

I’m just reporting what the injury report says haha.. it is fishy tho. We’ll see how much k-tape he’s got on that shoulder whenever he’s allowed to suit up again

26 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I’m just reporting what the injury report says haha.. it is fishy tho. We’ll see how much k-tape he’s got on that shoulder whenever he’s allowed to suit up again

The knee was the problem.  I think the “TOS” is mostly psychological, aggravated by the stress of the knee injury.  In any event, if he can’t play after 8-9 days of rest, we certainly can’t count on him being consistently ready to go during the remainder of the season.   

7 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Markelle is listed as out for tomorrow night due to “left knee injury maintenance”

This is unbelievable. 

15 hours ago, ball junkie said:

79 …the fact that you’re stating this question speaks volumes to me …time to see what the last 27 games are gonna tell us ….or maybe I misunderstood your intent ?

I’m just making sure you know all the board members want us to win. I can’t believe Fultz is out tonight btw. 

re: fultz out...

When he first came back, the TOS was the worst it has been.

It got progressively better, untill he sat on a back to back, then had 2 days off

then it flared up again.

I wonder if both issues are true... if they sit him because his knee IS acting up,

but then the inactivity causes the TOS to flare up when he uses his shoulder again?

If so, You would think that the staff could find a way to keep his shoulder lubricated,

without taxing his knee.

We have 5 games over the next 8 nights. It’s not that crazy for some of these injury management guys to be staggered over those games. Fultz out tonight makes more sense than say JI given Cleveland’s size. Also, the way they shot the ball the last time we played them could factor into this particular decision. 

26 minutes ago, Section229 said:

We have 5 games over the next 8 nights. It’s not that crazy for some of these injury management guys to be staggered over those games. Fultz out tonight makes more sense than say JI given Cleveland’s size. Also, the way they shot the ball the last time we played them could factor into this particular decision. 

I think this is grasping for straws to make an excuse. Remember Fultz was also out the last game before the deadline for injury management. If it were maintenance and saving him for other games, Cleveland is the only team in the next 8 we’re playing that has a winning record, why would we sit him against them? Also, why sit him immediately after over a week off? It doesn't make sense 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I think this is grasping for straws to make an excuse. Remember Fultz was also out the last game before the deadline for injury management. If it were maintenance and saving him for other games, Cleveland is the only team in the next 8 we’re playing that has a winning record, why would we sit him against them? Also, why sit him immediately after over a week off? It doesn't make sense 

This is a real question, not a wind up.... Why do You think we are sitting him, then?    I posted one possible

thought above, i have a couple others, but interested in why You think that we are not using him?

It cant JUST be TOS, cause he has played when he was shooting terribly, recently  (shooting terrible as opposed to reluctant to shoot)

PS I agree that it doesn't make sense, without further information, which we all know that we are not going to get.

Everyone is throwing out wild theories but... Occams razor. The real reason we're sitting him is because he has a knee issue. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, harryfromphilly said:

This is a real question, not a wind up.... Why do You think we are sitting him, then?    I posted one possible

thought above, i have a couple others, but interested in why You think that we are not using him?

It cant JUST be TOS, cause he has played when he was shooting terribly, recently  (shooting terrible as opposed to reluctant to shoot)

PS I agree that it doesn't make sense, without further information, which we all know that we are not going to get.

Nah, he’s not playing because either he or our training staff have said he physically can’t go. Nothing more to read into than that. There’s rules against saying a player is hurt when he’s not, and even misreporting an injury. We’ll see if he’s back on Saturday I guess.